Moving to Irmo in 8 weeks...looking for work now. Any help out there?

The wife accepted a position at Palmetto Health recently, and I am now searching the area. We are starting life in Irmo.

I would like to stay less than 1 hour drive if possible. Ive worked in manufacturing of various types for around 15 years. Both quality and production in food, hydraulics, metals and paper/food. Positions have been in mid management roles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have applied for several positons recently, but Im afraid companies could be scared off by the fact I am still in Iowa. Ive never moved like this (aside from Military), so I have no idea what to expect with interviews and such.

The wife had literally no trouble finding and getting hired. We did take a 4 day trip down for one of her interviews though, but had one over the phone and one Skype.

Just looking for any help if possible. I would be willing to trade some fishing trips

2. Member
    Keep your eyes on jobs at SCANA JOBS. That will be power company jobs. Meter readers. And possibly some more construction on Jenkinsville. Nuclear power plant.

3. Member
    You wont be far from Ft Jackson or Shaw AFB either so take a look at USAJOBs

4. Member
    It's going to be a few months but you should look at samsung in Newberry. A little more drive but you would not have to deal with malfunction junction every day.
    Art Carney - Licking the mops at Porcini's since 2009.

5. Member
    I know Georgia Pacific just had a hiring event and also look at South Carolina Department of Transportation.

Thanks for the ideas and DMs guys.

Ive applied to a few mentioned.

7. Member
    Michelin has a huge tire plant close by also.

Bridgestone has a large plant in aiken which should be 45 minutes at most down I-20
    Lee Harville - North Augusta, SC
    Boat Sold, looking for first cat -
    classic, P2, or Caracal