2009 hpdi idling problems

I have 2009 hpdi that when idle runs fine. But if I push on the gas it kills in neautral. Runs fine in forward and reverse. Could it be injectors? I've never done anything with them. 350hrs on motor. It also wasn't starting the greatest this past weekend.

2. Member
    Mine sputters in neutral if you press on the hotfoot. Works fine in gear. Computerized rev limiter in neutral to prevent over revving.
    2011 ZX225
    Helix 10 MEGA SI front and back
    Ultrex 112 MDI I Pilot Link
    Lakemaster +

3. Banned
    They idle on 4 cylinders in neutral.

4. Member
    Is there a way to by-pass the 4cyl idle?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fxdwgkd View Post
    Is there a way to by-pass the 4cyl idle?
    Nope. I try to never run my HPDI in neutral because of it. My opinion is that it's bad for the engine.

6. Member
    Mine is the same year. Those things hate bad gas. I changed all my filters when I got it last year, because it sat up a few months. Had same idling issue. But it started running great last week when it got a little cooler. I was told it might be a neutral switch.

7. Randy Walker
    yeah, if you gas it in neutral quick, it will usually act like it wants to die... usually does not, but it's because of dropping to less cylinders during neutral idle. If you slowly give it gas then you should find that it's able to rev up RPM's without wanting to die... I think in neutral if to fast throttle, then it's almost like it floods because not all cylinders are engaged.. a Yam tech can confirm of course.