Gen 3 screenshoots ... ??

Took the kiddies out on Labor Day for some Bluegill fishing @ San Pablo Reservoir - a smaller reservoir in Nor Cal, and was trying to figure out what these screenshots might be ?? This lake has spots & largemouth and shad … although I’ve never seen a shad except for a few floaters … as well as planted trout, cats & a few crappie.

Kind of crazy size and shape … any thoughts ?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Banned
    Has to be bait balls, right?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    Has to be bait balls, right?
    That's what it looks like ... but wow those are big bait balls! This ain't a TVA lake and they seem so dense. I'm going to back out there this weekend ... see if I can figure it out. If I'd had time I'd dragged a crank through them.

4. Member
    Make a new panel. Put sonar on one panel and add STRUCTURE SCAN on the other. Now change to STRUCTURE SCAN to DOWN SCAN. Now you will see exactly what the bait ball really looks like. Use the BLUE pallet on the DOWN SCAN. Adding OVERLAY DOWN SCAN in the SONAR screen doesn'the work well.

5. Member
    Yes, these are baitballs.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennybryan View Post
    Make a new panel. Put sonar on one panel and add STRUCTURE SCAN on the other. Now change to STRUCTURE SCAN to DOWN SCAN. Now you will see exactly what the bait ball really looks like. Use the BLUE pallet on the DOWN SCAN. Adding OVERLAY DOWN SCAN in the SONAR screen doesn'the work well.
    thank you & I'll give this try ... Down Scan should certainly reveal some more detail.

7. Member
    That top shot looks good. There's a school of fish just about to go off the screen on the bottom. Maybe another one coming on the screen. That's bait balls in both shots with some suspended fish in the second pic too.