96 175 efi problem and solution

just wanted to post my recent issue and how it was fixed in case there are any with similar problems. I have a 96 175 efi on an Astro 1850scx. I bought it 2 yrs ago and from the beginning, sometimes it would not want to get on plane. it would power up but would stop accelerating like it was at half throttle. it was very hit or miss, so much that I would not take it to my mechanic because I wasn't sure if I could duplicate it. previous owner told me he had the same problem but it was a faulty fuel injector and he had it replaced an it fixed the problem. the issue would also show up at WOT and appear kind of like a misfire, just a very brief loss of power. I spent a lot of time and effort trying figure it out. I replaced ignition switch, fuel filter and at one point thought it may be the computer. during a tournament 2 months ago, my partner noticed a fuel leak from under the cowling. we were able to cut the fuel line and reattach it to finish the day. I got home and inspected the fuel line and thought it looked old and nasty. decided to replace the fuel line and primer bulb. when I removed the old fuel line, I noticed it as very soft and not as rigid as the new fuel line. BINGO, I have run several miles and about 3 hrs total at WOT and no issues. One of the few times in my life where it turned out to be a cheap fix. I hope this help somebody.

2. Member
    I wish more people would post there solutions so others could figure there problems out.