Reel seat trigger

I've got a guy who wants a jerkbait rod but doesn't want a trigger on the reel seat. Build it with a spinning seat or take a casting seat to the grinder? I'm leaning towards the casting seat so I can get a fit on the blank without an arbor. Anybody have any thoughts?

grinder.I just don't see the spinning seat working out.

What do you do though if you grind the trigger down and find out that it is hollow?

Use a spin seat. Seen it done several times. Consider a split grip style spin seat too like the minima. Basically same seat with no trigger.

5. Goby King
    I'd do a spin seat. I've been wanting to build a caster with an Aero seat. It feels nice when I put a casting reel on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shfishinsticks View Post
    I'd do a spin seat. I've been wanting to build a caster with an Aero seat. It feels nice when I put a casting reel on it.
    When I first read it I thought about that but in my head it would be awkward to hold. I have a aero in my shop maybe I need to go test lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cidgrad View Post
    Use a spin seat. Seen it done several times. Consider a split grip style spin seat too like the minima. Basically same seat with no trigger.
    I have done this and it works

8. Member
    I have this one in black soft touch. $20 and it's yours. 20170909_094119.jpg
    99 Ranger 518dvx w 200 merc efi

What route did you end up taking?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KyLakeLunker View Post
    What route did you end up taking?
    Thanks for all the input guys...was in Vegas since Thursday (actually came home up). I think I'm going to take a seat to the grinder this week and see how it looks. I didn't like the way a standard Fuji felt when I mocked it up. If the grinder route doesn't work I'm going to see how the Aero feels. I'm going to send BASS KHANG's pic to the guy to see what he thinks about those (what's the ID on those?)

11. Member
    15mm ID. It will come with a carbon tube that has an ID of 13mm.
    99 Ranger 518dvx w 200 merc efi

12. Member
    I've designed rods without a trigger. I currently fish a light swim bait rod that uses the Aero seat with a screw down fore grip.

I've also used a grinder, but there isn't a great way to make that look clean. Not posting a photo of that, personal rod only!

Edge Rods originally had trigger less flipping sticks using the minima seat. They turned out pretty nice. Now discontinued.
    Attached Images Attached Images