Need Prop Advice

Recently purchased a 2007 Crestliner CX 17 with an Opti 75hp on the back. It came with a Solas 17p stainless prop. It hits the rev limiter with lots of throttle left and only 30 mph on my gps. Local marina who sells Crestliners and Solas recommended a Solas 21p which I purchased on line for 40% less than his price. I plan on running it this weekend to see how it does. I also low balled a merc vengeance 19p on ebay but the hub was to big for my lower unit.
    Just looking for some suggestions on where to start if this prop does not work out. In the not to distant future I am hoping to flash the ecu. so may keep one for a spare.

Laser2 in even pitchs and trophy plus are 2 props I would consider.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I have a little 16ft Nitro with a 75 opti. After several props when it was stock it ran about 5700 RPM at 46 GPS with a 20 Laser II. Now I can spin a 22 Laser II to the 5800RPM limiter at 51 GPS.
    Dealer had an 18 Vengeance - besides being to small it had no lift. The Lasers lift my boat well - jumps right up on the pad.

4. Member
    I ran it yesterday for a few brief moments on a wake restricted lake, so I could not wind it out. It was much improved, but I still think I will hit the rev limiter given more distance. 36 on the GPS at 5100-5200 rpm.
    Had a decent hole shot and up on plane and rode good, off to the big lake next week end for a proper trial.

plki, do you do the flash on yours to reach 51mph?

5. Member
    Will all laser II props fit my hub? Is the vengeance made fir i/o's ? And what size hub or diameter am I looking for?

6. Member
    Yes laser IIs will fit your motor. No reflash. I bought a used 90hp ECU and got the 90hp throttle body restricter to replace the little 75hp restricter. With my boat the vengeance was just a POS

7. Member
    Where do you find a used ecu? Was it cost effective vs a flash?

8. Member
    plki has a glass boat not a tin boat like you have. Your showing a lot of prop slip now, how high are you trying to run that 21" Solas prop to pad? Which set of bolt holes is the motor mounted in top or second down?

9. Member
    Yes my boat is glass. I kept watching ebay and found the ECU there for $200. Throttle body restrictor from the dealer.

10. Member
    My motor is mounted on the second hole from the top. 1 empty hole above the top mount bolt. I have not measured from pad to prop shaft.
    The local Crestliner dealer where I got my prop recommendation from (solas dealer), I asked him about my motor height, said 2nd from top was good. That is where all their current 17 foot models comparable to mine were mounted.

Thanks for the info plki.
    Last edited by bbcman; 09-10-2017 at 05:05 PM.

11. Member
    That should be 4 1/4" under but is the cav plate above or below the bottom of the boat.

12. Member
    Currently at work, will give an update tomorrow. Thanks for help.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by plki View Post
    Yes my boat is glass. I kept watching ebay and found the ECU there for $200. Throttle body restrictor from the dealer.
    That was a good price from what I am seeing currently. I will keep an eye out. Any other sources for used ecus ?

14. Member
    Only problem with my used ECU is now the smartcraft reads over 2600 hours,

15. Member
    Cavitation plate is the above the bottom boat, but not by much. The Prop shaft is approximately 7 below hull.
    Last edited by bbcman; 09-14-2017 at 09:21 AM.

16. Member
    22 Laser II Would this be to much or just right ?

17. Member
    An update, put a 22 laser II on motor . Ran it yesterday, was windy and choppy so not optimum conditions. But was hitting 38.5 gps / 5600 rpm with full load and just me in the boat. Could not quite trim it out due to wind.