Diawa reel questions

I have been a Shimano guy forever .. I have never owned a Diawa reel of any kind. I have a bunch of Mets . D Chron.. Core's . I have been thinking about buying a Zillion with the SV / TWS to try out . Anyone use both ? . How do they compare to a Shimano? Thanks ..

2. Member
    Do you like a light real? I just asked by the ones you mentioned tending to be pretty light. The zillion tends to be on the heavier side of their reels is why I asked.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

[QUOTE=Bigguyone;8701775]Do you like a light real? I just asked by the ones you mentioned tending to be pretty light. The zillion tends to be on the he
    avier side of their reels is why I asked.[/QUOTI

I have a some heavier reels .. Was thinking those would compare to this .. Would this compare weight wise to a CHRON B SERIES ? .. No good tackle stores to touch one around here . it suxs when you want to look at different stuff .

4. Member
    I have had all the above mentioned shimanos, and i transitioned to all daiwa this year. Something about them fits my hand much better, and i think they are easier to cast, and more effortless for distance. May not get any more distance, but easier to get it out there due to the tw and spools IMO. As for the zillion, it is a great reel, definitely a step above the tatula sv for instance. Very smooth, very nice to cast, overall a really enjoyable reel to fish with. Weight wise is not bad, but as stated a little heavier than the reels you listed, but less than an ounce difference if that with any of those since the zillion weighs in at 6.9oz.

Well we shall see I ordered one tonight .

I made the switch , with no regrets.

I was all Shimano for years...then the Daiwa bug bit. Haven't regretted the change at all

Update.. I own a few each of these Daiwa Zillion SV TW .. Steez .. and SV 105 .now. I am going to get me a couple more Steez I think .Have been looking at the JDM SS SV tho.. As said about the cast it is so easy . If the durability is there I am going to be a happy camper .

9. Member
    Sweet! I'd skip the SS SV myself. Very strong braking profile, unless you switch to an SV spool with a little smaller inductor. It feels kinda like a toy too - Just my opinion. If you don't own a Steez SV TW yet.........GET ONE! The finest reel Daiwa has made imo - EVER

I don't like the SS SV. It's not even worthy of comparison to the Steez SV TW, and I'm a Daiwa/Shimano/Megabass reel user from way back.

Thanks guys .. I really appreciate the feed back. So far I am really liking all this Daiwa stuff. I guess a couple more Steez will not break the bank. One thing I have noticed on here especially not to many Daiwa stuff for sale compared to Shimano . Not sure if that is because more people use Shimano or they just keep their Daiwa stuff . Again thanks

Little update. ,, added this to the collection today ..these dang steez are light!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mgeod; 10-19-2017 at 07:46 PM.

13. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Nice..... It's an awesome reel.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

14. Member
    I went diawa all the way 2 years ago and will never look back.. the smoothest and sickest reels out there.. just picked up a steez a can't wait for that to be in my hands
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

15. Banned
    Is the steez sv tws considered a small framed real?

I have some bps carbonlite reels and bought a platinum and the platinum is just enough bigger that I dont like it for any plastics etc, its fine for spinning, cranking.

I have a 6 shimano aldebaran and really like the size of them of course and the weight. Im just wondering if the T batwing really makes that big of a difference on back lashes, I get the least amount ever with my shimanos but want to cast into the wind much much more so any improvement helps.

I will say I have backlashed the Daiwa's but it was playing around trying to learn the reels . I could skip my Shimano Core reels with little effort and as long as I didn't hit anything I was good. Well the braking on these Daiwa's even take that out of the equation if I have them set up right. I really am surprised at times skipping ,, I have hit the water at the boat being lazy and not back lash . If that was a Core I would have a professional overrun.. lol

17. Member
    I wanted to update on this thread. I got my steez A and I habe to say over all I am very impressed.. light as can be , has all the best features and I couldn't backlash it.. trust me I tried
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

18. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffjoldersma View Post
    Is the steez sv tws considered a small framed real? I have some bps carbonlite reels and bought a platinum and the platinum is just enough bigger that I dont like it for any plastics etc, its fine for spinning, cranking.I have a 6 shimano aldebaran and really like the size of them of course and the weight. Im just wondering if the T batwing really makes that big of a difference on back lashes, I get the least amount ever with my shimanos but want to cast into the wind much much more so any improvement helps.
    The Steez SV TW is a small frame. It's curved at the front and the back when compared to the Zillion SV TW and the Tatula SV. It also only weighs 5.6 oz. The SV spool is what eliminates a lot of backlashes, not the T-Wing.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax