200 EFI bogs when warm and water pressure

This is in regards to the motor in my signature.

My 200 EFI starts up fine and has no issues with holeshot during the first part of the day. However, sometime during the day when I turn the motor back on, it will shake more than usual and sound like it is struggling to stay on. I also notice that my gauge shows no water pressure at idle even though it is peeing like normal. When it does this, it will stall if I shift in gear. I keep the motor on by immediately giving gas as I shift. I can't get up on plane and the motor shakes a lot and sounds very rough. No water pressure on the gauge either. After a few shut down and start ups, sometimes I can get it working normal again, with water pressure. But yesterday's outing was the worst it's been. I was limping back to the ramp, stalled, turned back on, then it worked like normal. It did hesitate a few times underway. Water pressure was noted at 6 psi at 3800 RPMs, which seems a little low.

I've been reading about this in recent related threads. I'm thinking maybe it is the water pressure gaskets, but I can't get the base of the pump off without destroying the base. Could the poppet valve be the root cause???
    2000 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    Mercury 200 EFI (0G374590)
    26P Trophy Plus / Garmin Force / Garmin EchoMAP / Dual Power Pole Pro Series II

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Hope one of the experts comes along soon with some help
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Do you hear a beep when key is turned to on?

A stuck open poppet valve could cause low idle water pressure. I would replace it, and the water pump personally.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    Do you hear a beep when key is turned to on?

A stuck open poppet valve could cause low idle water pressure. I would replace it, and the water pump personally.
    I don't think my motor is hooked up to any alarms. I will replace the poppet.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Hope one of the experts comes along soon with some help
    I took it over to Randy's and we found a fuel line with a loose zip-tie hose clamp. We'll find out Sat if this was the issue, if I make it back to the ramp for weigh-in.

- Benjamin Franklin

Ha, don't worry, someone will tow you in after weigh in.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.