Banned

Question Des Plaines Conservation Area

I see on the DNR website backwaters are 10hp and the Kankakee is no HP limit. First question is, Will a trolling motor pass for the HP restricted areas and secondly, any underwater hazards in the area I need to be aware of? A buddy hinted to me yesterday that I should fish the area on Oct.1st as he will be bow hunting. Wants some help if he sticks a deer since the spot he was scouting is apparently way off the beaten path.

I've fished there a few times and never heard the hp restriction. I do no if your at the launch and go toward the bridge it gets shallow quickly. And going down river the two islands right there it's shallow in between them. I heard there have been a lot of fish up in there this year.

The Kankakee River is safe navigate downstream from the Conservation area, just use common sense. Upstream from the Conservation area towards the train bridge is very shallow at normal pool. From the train bridge to the dam is certainly what I would consider jet boat water only.
    Gambler 2200/250 Pro XS

4. Banned
    Thanks