BBC SPONSOR

Scottsboro Alabama

My wife and I are looking to relocate down there. Today Sept 4th is my wife's 55 birthday, tomorrow she retires from a job she's had since she was 17 years old, 37 years and start's tomorrow afternoon full time with me at Trick Step. Business has been great but we don't need to live in a freezer to build Trick Step's and I'm tired of having to drive 5 hours to get to some good waters to fish. We were down there this weekend looking at house's and potential shop locations and found both I hope. If everything works out like I'm hoping we should move down by the first week of December or sooner, we'll be putting our house here on the market next week, if that goes well we could be there sooner. If there are any guys in the area looking for a job, get in touch with me, I'm looking for a couple good TIG welders but if the right guy comes along and is teachable and works like he wants to be there I'll for sure teach him. I'm a tournament fisherman and understand the troubles guys have trying to get time off to fish, I'll for sure work with anyone along those lines as well. Any advice from anyone owning and running a business down there is welcome, aside from the manufacturing of Trick Steps and electronic mounts we'll also be getting into rigging boats, trolling motors and electronics. Checks us out at www.trickstep.com and get in touch with me if your interested in a job or have some good free advice for me. Thanks for reading, Mark

2. Banned
    Scottsboro is a very nice place and only 40 minutes from Huntsville. Chattanooga is also about 1 hr. away.
    You should have no problems getting setup for business in Alabama as the governments are very hands off.

3. Member
    I grew up in Scottsboro, its a great town with awesome fishing.

4. Member
    Huntsville or the shoals area all close to good water

5. Member
    I grew up in the Scottsboro area, still own property there, and only live 30 minutes away now (east of Huntsville). If you are interested in an entry level (yet trainable) welder reach out to Northeast AL Community College as they have a welding program there. A friend of mines son graduated from it a few years ago. As far as fishing goes Guntersville has been off a little the last couple of years but it still one of the best lakes in the country. Good luck on your move...glad to see a business potentially moving there.