Thread: PP Motor Dying

PP Motor Dying

I have the original pro series poles with the hard wired motors. One is starting to die. It will quit and I have to hit it with a wrench to get it going again. What are my options? I really don't want to spend $500 for a new pump.

2. Member
    Give them a call. I bet they take care of you.
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

call them. I am interested in what they say. People say they have the best customer service.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Disconnect Power to the pump motor.

Loosen the two hex head bolts, This will remove the motor from the pump.
    Inspect the motor/ brushes for rust. Sounds like water may have gotten into the motor housing.

If this is the case you can simply purchase a new motor. No need to purchase the entire pump.

We stock the motor.

https://hydrillagear.com/shop/electric-motor-for-pump/

5. Member
    I spoke with power pole and they told me I would have to buy a new motor.

6. Member
    I wanted to give a quick update on this in case anyone else has issues. I pulled the motor of the pump and opened it up. The motor was full of water and rust. The brushes wouldn't even move in their cradle. Long story short, I used a file and some emery cloth to clean everything up and then dried it out really good. When I reassembled the motor, I used marine sealant as a gasket to keep this from happening again. Everything works great again.

I also had a long conversation with Rich from Hydrillagear, and my first impressions were awesome! If anyone needs parts, service, our advise, give him a call. I will be upgrading my pumps to the C-Monster setup in the near future and will be going through Hydrillagear.