New Boat/New Smartcraft question

SN:2B522866
    17/250 Pro XS
    Bravo1
    Smartcraft Tach and Speed

Hey guys just got my new boat and have both a Tach and Speed Smartcraft gauge. My speed gauge is giving me a Low Oil screen but my oil is full. Im getting no beep or warning just in the screen. Any info would be great. Thank you.

2. Member
    Does your Remote oil tank have a sending unit installed?

3. Member
    Im not really sure. I can ask the builder. Is that something that normally would come with the unit or is it another cost item?

4. Member
    Normally an addition.

5. Member
    Thanks Savage! I will look into having it installed. If not im sure there is a way in the menu to just delete that function. Im pretty good at checking and making sure i have enough oil.

6. Member
    Yes there is, go into settings and turn oil level off. Quick way to check for sending unit on remote tank is to look for wires on the cap with the oil hoses. No wires, no sending unit. As Savage says, the fuel/oil/paddle harness and sending unit (remote tank float assy) are optional upgrades.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Thank you SilverFox! I dont have the sending unit! I went in earlier and found it and turned it off! If i feel i need it later i will add it but ive never had it before and been ok! I love my smartcraft gauge's though!

8. Member
    this is why I shake my head at many boat dealers. If you want Smart Craft gauges (I do and have them on my boat), then wouldn't it make common sense to have
    all the sending units to support the gauge just priced in as part of a gauge package? sorry /end rant...
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

If dealers were as knowledgable as Don and Rhonda it would be that way. Unfortunately most are not and I don't know why.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    I agree Squire! After going back out to my boat and checking again as i turn the system on it shows my fuel level but after sitting a bit the Low Oil comes into the screen and the blinking AL is in the upper right corner. It doesnt say reserve oil low and im getting no beeps just says Low Oil. Any ideas?

As the "AL" is flashing, go into the Mercmonitor Alarms page. It will list what the "AL" is for.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FUEL/OIL HARNESS: You have to go into the setting and change "Tank 2" to Not Installed.

IF YOU HAVE THE HARNESS: Try lowering the alerting value. Mine was set to 30% (IIRC) and I lowered it.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

12. Member
    Thanks 06 SB ! I dont have the Harness so i went in earlier and in the screen changed my Tank 2 to "NO" there was not an option of Not Installed. After that i finished going through the screens till end and turned it off. Waited a few minutes and turned it back on and im still getting the Low Oil screen. My oil is almost full.

I'm thinking the change did not save or it dropped it some how. When viewing the AL page, did it have any other pages to view or scroll through? If you do not have the harness, then fuel level should not be accurate either. Are you SURE you do not have it?
    Last edited by 06 SB; 09-04-2017 at 11:52 PM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal

14. Member
    Yeah im positive. It would be attached to the cap of the oil reserve correct? I went back in and its actually the Tach Sc1000 that i had to change it in. The Low Oil screen was on the Speedometer sc1000 so i was thinking it needed to change within that unit. Finally got it! Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated! : )

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havenman View Post
    Yeah im positive. It would be attached to the cap of the oil reserve correct?
    No, would be on the remote tank cap with oil lines. You got the correct one turned off so all good now.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax