Thread: Powell rods

Powell rods

Is the powell endurance 705cb (the composite rod) the same or similar to the old tacklewarehouse spook and trap rod? Never felt the endurance but i have used the TW rod. Thanks

2. Member
    The Endurance 705cb is similar just a little less parabolic when loaded. It feels a little lighter in weight to me. I love both

3. Member
    Thanks jerry. Sorry for the late response. I forgot i put this up actually lol. I want something for throwing rattle traps in grass. I like glass rods and i have enough of them but i dont care for them ripping traps out of weeds. Also i never use a softer glass rod for smallmouth. Ive lost way too many that way. Anyway, back to grass. I dont like braid so just go to a more moderate graphite rod. Not soft at all just not really fast action. The exact rod i use rght now is an old falcon deep cranker or big cranker or something like that. 7' mh. Its really perfect for that but its getting up there and im wanting to find a replacement before its too late. Nearly all my other rods are powells so i figured id find a powell that was similar. I remember that spook trap rod not feeling like a soft glass rod at all. Im looking for what i guess would be a 703 fast instead of extra fast. Similar in action to the 765 sbr or 734 but in like a 3 power. Wow. Long text but just letting you know my intentions for the rod. Thanks

4. Member
    Maybe a Powell 703 or 733 would be better than the 734 or 765sbr if you want a graphite rod.
    Last edited by jerrysfishing; 09-12-2017 at 11:40 AM.

5. Member
    A good choice would be a Endurance 725cb or 726cb, if you can find them.

6. Member
    Is the 726 a stiffer rod than the 706cb max?

7. Member
    I don't have a 706 to compare it. The 726cb is 2" longer and is rated to 2oz. The 765sbr is stiffer than the 726cb. All three rods are totally different actions.

8. Member
    I've got a couple of the endurance 706 cb rods. I will still throw 5/8 oz or 3/4 oz traps on them occasionally. I'm all braid on traps though. I mainly use those rods for chatterbaits and spinnerbaits now.

9. Member
    I use the tackle warehouse 705 cb and the endurance 724 cb for my traps now.

10. Member
    I like using my 702c for 1/4oz rattle traps but i really want something just a little bit slower action that the 703 for 1/2 oz traps. I do want a couple more 703's though. Thanks guys