Thread: Boat ramp

Boat ramp

Never been up to the ningua arm of LOZ.
    i am coming from Ft Leonard wood area. Is there a public access ramp on my side or do I have to cross over to the north side? Any help would be appreciated.
    2018 Phoenix 919, Mercury 225 Pro XS
    2016 Triton 179TrX, Mercury 115 4s
    1995 Bass Tracker 175Pro, 40hp Force
    1985 Bass Tracker 1800 Johnson 150 (I called it the lead sled)

2. Member
    you have to go west on 54 from camdenton about 4 to 5 miles there will be a brown sign that says larry gail boat ramp turn right stay on that highway you will come to a convenience store highway splits stay to the right go till you see a fire station on the left across on the right is were you turn go down the hill 1000 feet there will be another larry gail sign turn right stay on this it will take you right to the ramp from 54 to the ramp is about 5 miles lots of parking its a good ramp

Thanks. I ended up going to the state park ramp on the grand glaze arm. Stayed below hwy 54 a little too long. I knew it was gonna be crazy. 4 footers from all the soles boats and "cruise liners". First time I have seen people actually doing no wake on the hwy 54 section in a long time. I saw three people "pulled over" in that area. Once was getting a sobriety test(idiot).

fishing was okay water temp was 79, main lake and creeks. Fish are in transition. Only caught 2 shallow, 2 spotted bass(strange being that shallow in my expierence. The rest came off of docks on the deep front side. Chatterbait, yes chatterbaits. Usually jigs or worms. Not a nibble on those. Bait is everywhere, big balls of them. Tried drop shot, shaky head, worm jig, nothing. All on docks minus the 2 shallow on retaining wall. It was on the part of it that had a change of angle, like a V. Back to back.

4. Member
    Thanks for the report!

No problem. I will be going weekly I will make sure to post what's hitting. Hopefully starting to get shallow next week.

6. Member
    Thanks Gnute! My buddy has a place near Linn Creek which we plan on fishing this week or next. We're wanting to get into some white bass too as they put up a good fight! :)

7. Member
    Hey Jordan (MidwestTexan), its Joe E.

Larry R Gale ramp.....right off Hwy 54 outside Camdenton on Lake road AA. Good access to both the Big and Little Niangua river arms. If running south in the Big Niangua, start watching depth after you cross under HWY 54 bridge (13MM), and especially once you reach Ha Ha Tonka State Park....it usually can get pretty shallow beyond there. Fishing can be Ok to decent in this area although I seemed to have better luck in the Gravois, main lake and Osage arms over the years. I observed over the years that you generally don't get a lot of bass fishing reports coming out of the Niangua area. Since it gets shallower and narrow and is far south, you tend to avoid some of the big boat madness other parts of the lake experience.

http://www.funlake.com/Media/Default...eAccessMap.pdf
    Last edited by sugelle; 09-06-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi