Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Are you measuring them 3' from crest to trough or 3' wide? If you mean 3' wide, then yeah I see what you're saying.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakecaller View Post
    That was funny!!!
    When you fish water as big as we do you would understand that 3ft is nothing.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    I wouldnt consider 3 footers that rough.. 4 plus is rough. At the end of the day the wind had kicked up even more and they were easily 5 footers. Roughest water I had been in. So much for the 5-10mph winds they were calling for.. When fishing bigger bodies of water 2-3 foot waves are to be expected as a common occurrence.
    Dude I agree ruff has nothing to do with it, I fish the great lakes often and have never slug a blade on stock OEM prop in my life. I did loose a blade one time with a "aftermarket performance prop" in calm water and that prop only saw calm water. Just my opinion the working of it had a lot to do with it.

4. Member
    I can't get anymore out of it. I've never thrown a blade except for a trophy.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Big Water = Bravo1
    Plus 1000.
    No prop is totally immune, but the bravo is very tough, and much better for rough water situations.

6. Member
    I threw a blade on 2 separate bravo 1s and the 2nd one was a month out of warranty so merc didn't cover the prop or the chunk it took out of my lower unit. Fury 4 for over a year still has all It's blades

7. Member
    Bravo1 was originally designed for High Horse Power stern drives.....

Fury4 was designed for heavy boats with outboards......

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Plus 1000.
    No prop is totally immune, but the bravo is very tough, and much better for rough water situations.

I agree they are good for rough water situations however they are not as tough as you would think. I spoke to Mark Croxton last week and he said they are the worst for throwing blades because the blades are so thin. Said he had 5 in his scrape pile that were junk.

9. Member
    Did Mark thin out the blades any when he worked them?

10. Member
    Did Mark sharpen the blades edges and did you check them very offern . As they will have fine crack's in them and did know it . Then in the rough water they just sharer off .

Quote Originally Posted by Atrain89 View Post
    I agree they are good for rough water situations however they are not as tough as you would think. I spoke to Mark Croxton last week and he said they are the worst for throwing blades because the blades are so thin. Said he had 5 in his scrape pile that were junk.
    Alot of that has to do with what they are on. Bullets, Allisons, strokers etc. When you are running them on a 300x at well over 6500rpms and surfacing them at 90+ mph I would imagine they will sling blades. In theory I would venture to say that the steeper the pitch, the more stress on the blade, thus a higher chance of slinging a blade, though I have no proof of that whatsoever. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12