No parking/running lights .

2005 Ranger Trail
    stop lights work
    turn signals work
    Running lights parking lights blow truck fuse.
    I've traced every wire and connection I can think of and find nothing grounding out.

Where do I go now?????????
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

2. Member
    What kind of truck?
    Mine did the same thing and turned out to be a bad wire on the truck. Have an 03 gmc

3. Member
    06 GMC......Fuse only blows when connecting to the trailer.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

4. Member
    Problem solved...ran through the process again.......darn bad marker light fitting at the back of the trailer under the motor.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1okie View Post
    Problem solved...ran through the process again.......darn bad marker light fitting at the back of the trailer under the motor.
    TA-DAA!!!

6. Member
    Glad it was an easy fix.

7. Member
    06 GMC......Fuse only blows when connecting to the trailer.
    Glad you found it.
    Mine only blew twice, both times with trailer hooked up. Both times early morning on the way to the ramp.

When you say "bad marker light fitting"... what do you mean? I have a problem with my truck fuse blowing for the trailer running lights, but it does not do it all of the time. I have inspected all connections and cannot find where the short to ground is.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

I originally posted the following on the Tin Forum. Not saying this is your problem, but something to check.

Last week, my trailer blew the fuse in my truck’s backup light circuit. After several diagnosis trips and blown fuses, I isolated the problem to the wiring bundle running the length of the trailer frame. There are several large washers welded along the frame that the wire bundle runs through and the bundle is zip tied to the last one near the rear fender. Much to my surprise, the wire insulation was rubbed through at this point causing the blue wire to short to the trailer frame.
    This shows the abrasion at the zip tie location, but there was wear at nearly all the other washer locations.

I taped all the abrasion locations and created insulation sleeves from split wiring harness cover. I zip tied a sleeve in each washer providing an insulated tunnel for the wire bundle.

I continue to be puzzled as to how this wire could wear the insulation when it Is just lying inside the big washers. One of my friends suggested that it was the wind blowing the wire around as you travel and causing the most severe wear at the single point that was fastened.
    This trailer is less than a year old and is one of the first ones produced by EZ-Loader, you may want to check your wiring bundle if you have one of these trailers.
    Last edited by Bill Reynolds; 03-14-2019 at 06:56 PM.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Bill,

I don't have the C-channel type trailer. My trailer is made of tubing. So... I just decided to run new wires from the tongue all the way to the back of the trailer. I pulled the wires through today, and if weather permits, I'll wire all of the lights tomorrow. I bought some of that wire loom that you used and will be wrapping it around the wires anywhere they enter/exit the trailer tube and anywhere that they could be resting against something that could cause wear.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X