Z20 soft/spongy lids

Anyone one know of a thread how people are reinforcing soft/spongy lids before someone puts a foot through it? 2006 Z20, boat has always been garaged and well maintained....
    Called Ranger boats but no help....

2. Member
    Theres a topic a few down the list on this
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

3. Member
    Have the same boat as yours, with same issue with couple of lids. I contacted Ranger and they replaced the entire lid, including matching carpet. I am the original owner and sent them pictures of boat and soft lids. However, this was 3 years ago, before change of ownership.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ferrerid=39498

Also, if you search under "reinforce lids" you will get several potentially useful returns.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

I did contact Ranger, no help....actually called several times and finally reached a contact. They stated couldnt cover under warranty but would see what they could do, hsvent heard from them since. Really discouraging, specifically for future boat purchases. I purchased this boat one year old. Believe they may have changed policy. Had the same issue few years ago with cooler and live well lids, they replaced those. Never had this issue with any other boat lids previously.
    The for the replies....
    Last edited by Bass_Junky; 09-16-2017 at 10:49 PM.

6. Member
    Had a 2005 Z20 boat was only a couple years old and ranger sent out new livewells and ice chest lids. Sold the boat 2 years ago and livewell lids were softening up again light cracking. Would have been an issue again by now if I still had the boat.

With all the lids that seem to have issues, one would think Ranger would wise up and make them out of Aluminum. My son has my old 2000 R83, and he has the same problems with soft lids. He's already fabricated one aluminum lid for the front storage, and now has soft livewell lids and rear storage lids to make. Soon they will all be aluminum and no more worries!

I should tell him to template some of these lids and start selling them as replacements. He'd have a lot of business by the sounds of things!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"