Thread: Roostertail

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^ It matches the owner perfectly! ;)

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce2 View Post
    I don't know how everyone comes up with 3 1/2 3 3/4 and so forth my prop to pad always comes out 3 7/8 or 3 3/8 or 4 1/8... i guess i just have a weird boat..
    It may be weird,but sounds like it's running great! Sounds like it is dialed in great even if it comes out to an odd number.lol

3. Pat Goff
    So class what did we learn?
    You all are way smarter than the herd.
    No two boats are identical.
    Proper setup takes time and effort.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post

We learned that everybody preaches 3.5" and almost none of us are really at 3.5".

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Well said! Although a good many such as you,with a long experience with these particular boats, have a better insight into there design than the rest of us. And we learn from you. You know what these boats are capable of and we just experiment with them to get them to that point. Some people get mad when someone tries to give them information other than what they believe. We should not be that way,but instead take it into consideration. This includes myself!

6. Member
    I lowered it 1/2" and taking my tools the the lake and yes I measured where I had it before I lowered it. I'll start testing Friday morning

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    We learned that everybody preaches 3.5" and almost none of us are really at 3.5".
    I think the "preaching" is simply to help folks find a good STARTING point, not a finishing one.

8. Member
    2017-09-06 19.14.49.jpg
    Before you go adjusting up and down and possibly loose you place. Make a reference mark on the jack plate bracket and then mark out the 1/4" increments. Once it's all marked out, spray the marks with clear enamel and they won't wash off.
    Last edited by GoFastBoater; 09-06-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    As a good starting point.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

10. Member
    Mosher....

Not to hijack, but a question. My P2 always ran fastest (2 motors, 150 and 200 Merc, worked A4023 and worked A4523 (67mph) on the 150, Stock A40 (72mph) and worked 25TR04 on the 200) at full trim. I've always read Cats don't like full trim, but mine did. So does that say about that particular hull? Just wondering as I've always been curious.

I spent alot of time tweaking the 150 setup, but really didn't mess w the 200 setup, other than putting it at 3.5 and calling it good.

11. Pat Goff
    Not meaning to hijack Matt, but the simple answer is...there is no answer. What works for me isn't what will work for you. Example:
    Your cat has a merc, and it runs best for YOU with YOUR prop and YOUR load at full trim. So by that reasoning ALL P2's much be the same?
    I also have a P2 but I'm running a Yamaha, same horsepower, same prop, should be the same, right? There's three more degrees of out trim than on the merc, and I actually lose speed by getting the angles wrong.
    Or I could have 300 less pounds of load.
    Or my prop came a little stiffer (more common than not)
    Or I'm at sea level, you're not.
    See the trend?
    So, setup is always take it too far and bring it back, find out what too high is, and also what too low is. Too much trim, too little.
    When you learn to listen to what it's telling you, you'll be a much better driver/owner/setup artist.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

^Mic drop

13. Banned
    Best watch it guys... Don't push Pat too far, he's liable to go off again... Dan

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    ^Mic drop
    I wasn't being a dick, so I hope it wasn't taken that way
    An honest question..Didnt know if something was "different" about that hull. The hull was a former bcb pro staffer hull. Just wondering.

15. Member
    When you guys adjust do you also check the vertical plane of the motor...if that makes sense? Mine was off and had to use a jack to straighten it out.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

No no, I was just poking fun. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    I wasn't being a dick, so I hope it wasn't taken that way
    An honest question..Didnt know if something was "different" about that hull. The hull was a former bcb pro staffer hull. Just wondering.

17. Member
    Just proves nothing is set in stone. What works for one may not work for another. And Mosher, I wasn't trying to pick a fight or upset you. Just stating what works for me. I know they built them a certain way but technology has changed quite a bit since then. In general I do agree with you if every thing is equal. But, there are minor differences in boats that can make one act different to another. Didn't intend to piss you off. Don't even know you so why would I mean to do that.

18. Pat Goff
    Here's the stuff that makes heads explode...
    Even champs as well as they were built are far from consistent.
    A full flake hull weighs in about a hundred pounds more than a gel hull.
    Different molds produced different results.
    A hull that was laid up in cold weather weighs less than one laid up hot.
    100 lbs= 1 mph
    15 hp=1 mph
    Speed is basically weight and horsepower, setup gets it finished.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[QUOTE=rboren;8709728]Just proves nothing is set in stone. What works for one may not work for another. And Mosher, I wasn't trying to pick a fight or upset you. Just stating what works for me. I know they built them a certain way but technology has changed quite a bit since then. In general I do agree with you if every thing is equal. But, there are minor differences in boats that can make one act different to another. Didn't intend to piss you off. Don't even know you so why would I mean to do that.[/QU

All good broski. Probably didn't have my coffee that morning or something.

20. Member
    [QUOTE=MMosher;8710671]
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Just proves nothing is set in stone. What works for one may not work for another. And Mosher, I wasn't trying to pick a fight or upset you. Just stating what works for me. I know they built them a certain way but technology has changed quite a bit since then. In general I do agree with you if every thing is equal. But, there are minor differences in boats that can make one act different to another. Didn't intend to piss you off. Don't even know you so why would I mean to do that.[/QU

All good broski. Probably didn't have my coffee that morning or something.
    maybe I will get the chance to buy you a coffee or something to drink one day!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast