Thread: Ripple effect

Ripple effect

There will be no gas in Anna by the end of the day, primarily due to panic. The two places in town that still have gas have very long lines of people filling up vehicles and gas cans like it's 1973. I hear they're fighting at the pumps in DFW. I'm afraid that the shockwaves from Harvey will reach far beyond the gulf coast and will be felt for a long time to come.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Becky is 7th in line at this time at a 7-11 a little over a mile from the house. Said a tanker just left.

3. Banned
    It's is a F'ing mess in Angelo, mass panic, long lines at the pumps, all stripes stores are out that I saw. We are limiting our travel for work and play, but I'll be doing something different in the future. As soon as this clears up I wil have a gas and deisel reserve at the ranch.

That is crazy. Supply, demand and taking advantage. I told my daughter in San Marcos to gas up several days ago expecting this. Hell we are right in the middle of the chit and gas here is plentiful and only gone up 20 cents. May be the fact we can't get out and drive. Lol. Gotta keep a sense of humor during these times because there is plenty of stupid to go around.
    To our troops

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    WB texted me this earlier. Probably like Cliff says, just a panic.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/texas...-gas/469658632

6. Banned
    Of course it's panic, story has been twisted and thes sheep are stupid enough to follow and they get dumber by the day.

7. Member
    Gas is up .30 in Missouri. for you guys.
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

8. Member
    It's up to $2.35 2.39 2.25 2.09 in Homer La. No Lines

This ripple effect will be felt here soon.. word is the pipeline serving the north east will shut down Tuesday.. guarantee panic will set in very soon after if not before. Gas has gone up 20-30 cents already..

to all affected by Harvey..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

10. Member
    Dam shame

11. Member
    Media induced panic for absolutely no reason. The supply will be lowered, but so is the demand. People lose their mind when the TV and Facebook tells them to.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToledoBendChamp View Post
    Media induced panic for absolutely no reason. The supply will be lowered, but so is the demand. People lose their mind when the TV and Facebook tells them to.
    Absolutely. So, is this happening down your way too?

13. Banned
    Cliff, I think it's happening in a lot of places. I absolutely agree with Keegan, some idiot said no more gas then it spread to Facebook then it got stupid.mthe bad thing is most people believe everything they read on that shit and are to ignorant to not realize.

14. Member
    Yes sir, self fulfilling prophecy.

15. Member
    Motiva went down in Port Arthur, it's the largest refinery in the country. I think we have lost roughly 20% of refining capacity all together. There will be some shortages, but no need to freak. Groceries might be the bigger concern down here in waterland, they are a little hard to get.

The Denton area has been a nightmare. Long lines and few places out of gas. I get gas at 4:30 am so I don't worry about lines. They have said a few mom and pop places around us shut down thier pumps when they had gas waiting for the price to spike. I get gas at quicktrip and they said they will be regular shipments. I did go to east Texas this week and out east there was no issues.

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've not seen any lines in Abilene since Thursday afternoon. Making a day trip to Southlake tomorrow, so hope it has calmed down over there a bit.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    Motiva went down in Port Arthur, it's the largest refinery in the country. I think we have lost roughly 20% of refining capacity all together. There will be some shortages, but no need to freak. Groceries might be the bigger concern down here in waterland, they are a little hard to get.
    Yea. So far they keep telling us no shortage. They had slowed production nationally a while back to try and force prices up and it didn't work. Basically there's plenty of gas but the supply routes were cut off and some idiot freaked out and social media did it's normal thing. We're right here in it and there aren't any lines or shortages. I'm with you on the groceries, they're getting slim pickens. Wife went to sulphur with my sister today to stock up

19. Member
    Just went to Corpus and back today and about half the stations were out. Stopped at a small station in Kennedy and only paid $2.39 and got some great breakfast tacos as a bonus. Seems some of the lesser stations were more apt to have fuel over most of the names brands.

$2.45 here in SE Kansas, went up 40 cents .. WTH is up with that..