Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What would it take to...?

...make a suggestion to Kelly and Charger about minor changes to the top cap?

Let me be more specific. There's a feature on a Legend V20 and V21 that I think is VERY cool...even though it's a relatively small thing. There is a little storage or "day" box on the front deck, just to the right of the TM pedal well, than is just perfect for storing a phone, couple bags of plastics or cranks...just whatever you're using at the moment, or that day.

It's a very slick little deal that just has a "slam latch" to keep it closed. Maybe 8" square and 6" deep. Has a USB charge port in it as well.

What would it take to get the fine folks at Charger to consider something like this??

Just a thought from a dumb ole' fisherman is all...

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I sent your suggestions off too joe

I would bet that is something they could do if a person asked for it when ordering.

I will also say that little storage compartment is a very good idea on the legend.
    Charger 210 Elite

I saw that on the Legends and really like that. Simple but works great. Wonder if its waterproof if you take one over the bow?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    Best idea Legend had! I think they are waterproof too.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I sent your suggestions off too joe
    Really?? Thanks TOC...very cool of you. I just thought that was a neat deal that would just add that much more to the boat's "user friendliness".

The Legends also have the R/H rod locker being a little shorter with an additional storage locker just aft of it and just forward of the console. Like you took the R/H locker and split it up 70% forward and 30% aft, or something along those lines. Not sure if I like it or not, but it's a neat option to consider...

I'd also like to say thanks to Charger for picking up the 210 and running with it. In my opinion, Charger builds a terrific boat (never owned one, but fished out of several) and I can't think of a better group to keep the Champ line alive and move it forward into the future.

I remember there was some talk from guys not liking the Charger "chevrons" on the side of the boat with the "Champ stripe" there too, but in my book, my next boat will have the Charger markings. I'll be in the market in the next three years, and there's no question that my boat will be a Charger "Elite" model (198 or 210 is still in debate) and it'll damn sure have the Charger markings on it just to give props to Charger and say "Thanks!"

BTW Pro-Hunt...that blue and silver 496 of yours is PURDY!!! Beautiful rig sir!

7. Member
    A day box is the bomb. My last boat had one and didn't think anything of it. Used it all the time. Now my new boat doesn't have one and it kinda drives me nuts.

Thank you for the compliment on my boat Mizzou211.
    Charger 210 Elite

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Had a legend 211A and didn't find if very useful. Don't thing I would keep my phone up there either, too close to the edge and Im sure I would drop another phone over into the water using it for that!!
    I also always had rods laying on top of it.

Maybe one built into the center compartment lid, that could be done easy and you would never have a rod over it and its not close to the edge.

10. Banned
    Isn't that what pull out on the bottom of the 210 console is for?

11. Member
    A day box built into the center compartment would defeat the purpose of a day box. In my opinion, the point of it is easy access

12. Banned
    I don't think it would be that useful either. Most would grab whatever and then go sit down and tie whatever on... Dan

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Isn't that what pull out on the bottom of the 210 console is for?
    Exactly. Please don't screw these PERFECT layout boats up by putting all the stupid little "dayboxes", netholders, and other weirdo compartments that do nothing but screw up the decks of these boats. Anyone want that crap--buy a Bass Cat.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Exactly. Please don't screw these PERFECT layout boats up by putting all the stupid little "dayboxes", netholders, and other weirdo compartments that do nothing but screw up the decks of these boats. Anyone want that crap--buy a Bass Cat.
    Wow! The cat guys already don't like us you Wild Heethen!!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Wow! The cat guys already don't like us you Wild Heethen!!
    Sorry, but I'm just giving my opinion. Bass Cat is a great boat--I've owned 2 in the past. But, they're cap layout is definately not for me. The Elite 210 layout is PERFECT, in my opinion.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Sorry, but I'm just giving my opinion. Bass Cat is a great boat--I've owned 2 in the past. But, they're cap layout is definately not for me. The Elite 210 layout is PERFECT, in my opinion.
    Just bustin' your chops buddy! Everyone is soooooo sensitive these days as you know.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Just bustin' your chops buddy! Everyone is soooooo sensitive these days as you know.
    I know what you mean about all the sensitive crybabies. Please don't ever worry about my sensitivity. I believe in the hard cold truth too much to be sensitive. Lol

18. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 10-03-2017 at 11:53 AM.

I agree bass cats deck layout may not be for everyone but I love a lot of what they do. To me they use space wisely and always trying to find different ways to maximize the front deck. With that being said nothing wrong with taking some of their ideas and making work on a boat.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

20. Member
    What do you guys think about the net storage Phoenix boats have? I personally love that set up between the seats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast