Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerbass02 View Post
    What do you guys think about the net storage Phoenix boats have? I personally love that set up between the seats.
    I like where they put it but my buddy's gets hung up on some screws every time you pull it out. Nice boats though.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    I sent your suggestions off too joe
    TOC see if you can get Joe to update 296,496, and 596!!!

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have asked many times to put modular consoles and just widen the front deck.Leave the hull and you got the perfect boat.

so what's the hold up? and molded foot rest, molded cup holders, and a few other things,

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Iam sure if someone came to Joe with a order for a new 496/596 it would happen.Granted you would have to wait for a bit.Changing the deck takes a while but at least it's only half of the boat.

if he would do it they would get lots of orders, talked to a few people over the last 10 to 15 years that didn't like the fact that they being the 496 and 596 only came in a duel console and went to different brands. It's just time.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    ...make a suggestion to Kelly and Charger about minor changes to the top cap?

Let me be more specific. There's a feature on a Legend V20 and V21 that I think is VERY cool...even though it's a relatively small thing. There is a little storage or "day" box on the front deck, just to the right of the TM pedal well, than is just perfect for storing a phone, couple bags of plastics or cranks...just whatever you're using at the moment, or that day.

It's a very slick little deal that just has a "slam latch" to keep it closed. Maybe 8" square and 6" deep. Has a USB charge port in it as well.

What would it take to get the fine folks at Charger to consider something like this??

Just a thought from a dumb ole' fisherman is all...

I kind of like the day bixes being being up front.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I agree bass cats deck layout may not be for everyone but I love a lot of what they do. To me they use space wisely and always trying to find different ways to maximize the front deck. With that being said nothing wrong with taking some of their ideas and making work on a boat.
    And as long as the Bass Cat "ideas" stay on the Bass Cats, I say wonderful. But their "ideas" are the sole reason why I have zero interest in buying a Bass Cat. To each his own.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    And as long as the Bass Cat "ideas" stay on the Bass Cats, I say wonderful. But their "ideas" are the sole reason why I have zero interest in buying a Bass Cat. To each his own.
    I agree. I love the build quality and their trailers, but the boat just has too much going on. They are trying too hard to be different instead of sticking with what really works for bass fisherman. Most of their deck layouts only work for people who have high level OCD. Nice to look at....but in real world for me just not as easy to use.
    Last edited by magnumb; 09-05-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

10. Member
    Perfect explanation---trying too hard to be different. Well, whatever works for them. But, not me. Different strokes for different folks.

11. Member
    I completely understand some people like the typical bass boat layout. Port and starboard rod lockers with one or two large center compartments. It's how most bass boats are laid out. I personally like some of BassCat's "odd" layouts. The multiple compartments help me stay organized. I think most with OCD are driven away from BassCat because of their lack of symmetry on some models. I'm just glad there's still plenty of manufacturers to choose from.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I completely understand some people like the typical bass boat layout. Port and starboard rod lockers with one or two large center compartments. It's how most bass boats are laid out. I personally like some of BassCat's "odd" layouts. The multiple compartments help me stay organized. I think most with OCD are driven away from BassCat because of their lack of symmetry on some models. I'm just glad there's still plenty of manufacturers to choose from.
    well said Basscat Tyler. I agree with you. It's good that we have plenty of manufacturer's to choose from, and that we different features and layouts to choose.

13. Member
    it seems some people are making decisions on buying a boat over the small things and this is driving the market to add on all these extras and not spend those resources in other areas??
    I too get blinded when in the showroom and look at all those features....but in the end I'd rather have those resources spent on better materials and R&D....like fiberglass instead of plastic that ages and fades or copper/nickel brake lines, top notch hubs, better more comfortable seats, high quality cover, more R&D on hulls, better battery tie downs, switch gear, and even maybe adjustable factory hot foot and seats.....I know this doesn't sell boats and it's just a little disheartening. Bass Cat does seem to be one of few that manages to bring lot of this together while still not "selling out", but I think its the layout that just doesn't work for me.

Seems like cars are the same way as of late...a lot of the newer cars you can't even see out of properly the only one that seem to get this is Subaru as all there autos have large greenhouses and are easy to get in and out. Design and features sell instead of usability and reliability.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

14. Banned
    Wish a boat manufacturer would come out with a rig just boat (just fiberglass nothing added yet) and trailer at x amount. Then you decide what you want or can afford to add. Problem is every build would be customized which they would charge even more for.

15. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    If they would make a updated 18.6 or 18.9 ft boat, they would never keep up with production giving a 150 priced around 39K

Update the 186 with a removable console and room for bigger graphs. Rated for a 175
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 09-06-2017 at 10:43 PM.

16. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Charger will build a bare hull,just add if you want it.You don't even have to buy their trailer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12