Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why I will always have Power Poles

I have a Power Pole Blade that was installed on my boat new in 2015. I bought the boat used. I have never spent a dime with Power Pole. My last two boats were bought used and already had them installed. Last weekend while loading the boat on the trailer I noticed that the power pole wasn't all of the way in the up position. When I tried to move it, hydraulic fluid came out. There was a split in the hose. On Sunday morning at 8:30 I sent an email to Power Pole asking what diameter hose to purchase to fix it and also mentioned that I had a slight leak in the tank and wanted to purchase a rebuild kit while I was working on it to tighten everything up.

At 12:30, 4 hours later on a Sunday, I got a return email telling me to reply with my serial number and a shipping address and they would have all three things out to me under warranty. A box showed up yesterday with everything inside.

I'm not the original purchaser and was willing to purchase everything that I asked for because in my eyes, that stuff is normal wear and tear. But Power Pole went above and beyond to ship me everything needed to get the anchor back 100% on their dime. That's how you keep people coming back and that's why Power Poles far outnumber Talons on the water.

I will be a customer for life.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Every Time!

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Power Pole will always go above and beyond, No better customer service out there!

4. Member
    I posted on here someplace about their CS. I too can't say enough positive about them. They sent me parts at no charge. But I was the original purchaser....but still!!!

Wow! That is amazing, especially in today's market. Wish some other manufacturers would take a page out of power poles customer service book.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrashack View Post
    Wow! That is amazing, especially in today's market. Wish some other manufacturers would take a page out of power poles customer service book.
    They would be hard pressed to match Power Pole. JL MARINE should be the standard all companies model there customer service after.. its simply outstanding.

7. Member
    Impressive - been thinking about installing one on my boat - hard to beat good customer service

8. Member
    I had issues with my 2011 PP, looked like the reversing relay was bad. Called PP they provided instructions to bypass the relay as it had been removed in later designs, they did offer to sell me a new relay @$120 but suggested that bypassing would do the trick. It did, when the time comes to upgrade I'll be going with PP.
    2011 Basscat Puma FTD
    Optimax 250 Pro XS

that's good But i'll never use a PP, unless they make em reach a depth of 300'+, I fish deep lakes.. haha

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
    Impressive - been thinking about installing one on my boat - hard to beat good customer service
    Happy to quote you when your ready.

11. Member
    Agreed! They are top notch.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    Agreed! They are top notch.

13. Member
    J & L Marine (Power Pole) customer service is outstanding!
    Thanks, Nate

They replaced my 6 year old hoses for free , I had PP sense they first came on the market on 3 different boats and there is NO company in the boating industry that has any where near the customer service , I've had to pay for a few relays in the past on the older models but I understand that . Also have been treated fairly by Minn Kota .

15. Member
    Best Customer Service in the fishing Industry. Bar none.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

16. Member
    Similar experience for me as well. I got on the live chat to ask about my poles having a lot of play in them when they were in the up position. They told me to tighten the bolts and use lithium grease then proceeded to send me a new bushing kit just in case! I've only ever had one boat without them, and that was because they hadn't been invited yet!

17. Member
    Just thought I add on, my reservoir cracked had to replace. Called JL Marine and talked with Alex. Sent replacement rec'd in 2 days. hay can I say, just great service. Will be ordering quick disconnect or my Sportsman 11 shortly.

18. Member
    Indeed, great guys. I'll be getting the new hoses for my blades asap.

The best !!

20. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    Indeed, great guys. I'll be getting the new hoses for my blades asap.
    there is no retrofit kit currently to use the new 2.0 hoses with the 1.0 poles and pumps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast