Susquehanna river

Looking to try some new places on the river and wondering if anyone knows of good places to try. I've fished from Ft hunter launch and it a great area but gets fished pretty hard. I've been to the launch in Berwick, the test track but never fished it. Might try that tomorrow. any other places worth checking out?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Riverfront campground in Duncannon gets you into a good section of the river, but is definitely not state of the art launch facilities I think it's a 5 or 10 dollar fee to launch there.

Thanks! Do run down or up from there? I looked at that campground and it has some interesting reviews! LOL
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

4. Member
    There is good fishing either direction from there. Right above the launch is the mouth of the Juniata which can be excellent and downriver the main stem is good and you have Sherman's creek on the right to explore.

Thank you sir! The river should really be turing on with these temps falling
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

6. Member
    My absolute favorite section of the west branch is the launch at Terrytown, near Wyalusing. Some real nice smallmouth up there. Two guides fish out of there and they seem to be booked pretty steady.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    My absolute favorite section of the west branch is the launch at Terrytown, near Wyalusing. Some real nice smallmouth up there. Two guides fish out of there and they seem to be booked pretty steady.
    The section of the river you are referring to, if you mean above Laceyville, is the north branch of the susky. JoePA, if you are looking for any area in particular shoot me a PM. I have fished the North Branch most of my life and know it fairly well. I'd be happy to help.
    2002 G3 HP180
    2013 250 Pro XS-Jet converted

2001 Tracker Targa 18

8. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Joe, Try Whites River Crossing launch but be careful. A few shallows but you can see most of them I fished it alot a few years
    back and did exceptional with BLACK swimbaits and brown tubes and Cabin Creek small parts. lots of 4 and 5 lb smallies when it gets a bit cooler.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...3!2i311!4f13.1

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyg3 View Post
    The section of the river you are referring to, if you mean above Laceyville, is the north branch of the susky. JoePA, if you are looking for any area in particular shoot me a PM. I have fished the North Branch most of my life and know it fairly well. I'd be happy to help.
    Sorry, yes, I misspoke. North branch. From Wysox to Laceyville is good fishing.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

10. Member
    You guys piut your fiberglass boats on there??? My ,, You Know Whats, arnt that big for that
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

Thanks Gents! I fished laceyville earlier this year and did very well. I'm going to hit that in a few weeks. I fish near Berwick and work my way up to Shickshinny and we do OK but would like to try some new places. I want to try somewhere new tomorrow but my time is limited. We'll see when I get up.

Lenny, Thank you! I'll be in touch. Where I fish now I'm sure you know the area well. I'd like to move further up the river to find new water cuz it appears a few creeks run in above the schickchinny bride.

Vince, I have a 16' Jon boat with a jet that I fish the river with. Best investment so far as lots of fish and the river is always changing.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

12. Member
    Joe, if you were willing to drive to Fort Hunter then the launches at Middletown or Royalton wouldn't be that much farther. That would put you on a portion of the river that isn't fished as hard. If you want to use the Ranger you could go to Goldsboro (Frederic), Wrightsville (Clarke), Pequea (Aldred), or Peach Bottom (Conowingo). Just remember it is fishing. Sometimes those spots are hot, and sometimes bites are hard to find.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax