Looking to purchase a new depthfinder, had a few questions

So i'm in the market for a new depthfinder but I'm still very new to using electronics for fishing. Grew up fishing out of a kayak w/o a finder had an old + basic humminbird for a while. I have a Lowrance elite 7 (equiv of the hook 7 currently). I really like the Garmin Echomap 73Sv with chirp. Seems like a solid model for 750$, mapping features seem really nice, most people applaud the 2d sonar as being the best on the market. I had a few questions before I jump in to purchase that I was hoping some guys on here may be able to help me out with.

1.) If I move my old lowrance up to the trolling motor will I get interference between the two graphs if they run at the same time?

2.) Is the garmin compatible with ram mount systems?

3.) Probably the biggest question. I fish mostly shallow water. I believe that sidevu is probably the main feature I want for that purpose (feel free to correct me on that). In 5-10 feet of water, is there much utility in using sidevu or do you generally need deeper water?

4.) Anyone who has a garmin, have you been overall satisfied with the side imaging and its clarity/learnability?

Thanks so much in advance!

2. Banned
    I'll try to help

1) I believe if only on same frequency

3) sidevu is still useable at those depths

4) I'm not dis satisfied with mine, but I do use a Humminbird instead when I need to do mainly sidescan

3. Member
    Here is my 2 cents..

2.) Is the garmin compatible with ram mount systems?

Yes....Just had mine mounted by the folks at Bass Pro on a Universal Ram [$60] Had them provide enough slack in the wiring so i can view my 93SV from the Console or while I am at at the Bow when trolling. RAM MOUNT is snug on my Bass Tracker 160 and secures tight when adjusted..