06 TR196 opinions??

Ok guys found a mint condition 06 triton Tr196 with a 200 on the back, has 60hrs on the motor. I currently have a 01 TR17 and looking to upgrade. Whats that 196 worth and does anyone have one, if so how do they like it? Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I had an 04 TR196 with 3.0L efi... the boat was a rocket. With a 27p prop it would run 74mph. It did chine walk so you had to learn to drive it. I loved that boat. I would jump on it, 60 hours on the motor, its a baby..lol

3. Member
    There good boats . They are fast and has to drive them on top end . Post over on the Triton board about price ?

4. Member
    I have an 04' TR 196 w/ 200 EFI 3.0 Merc & tempest 25 gps'd @ 72 mph, I purchased it brand new and have loved it since the day I got it. Have never had an issue with it until July of this year..... Was on a 2 wk vacation up in northern MN... first day of fishing and started getting the 4 beeps alarm repeatedly.....reserve oil was good, I thought maybe water in fuel.....after a couple minutes, I got a solid single tone, I shut it down and loaded it up...when I got it in for service the following week it turned out to be the magnet on the top inside of my reserve oil tank had fallen off and it was giving it a false alarm/reading that it was out of oil....new reserve tank and $250 it was good to go.....one nice thing is I found out I only have 44.1 hrs on my motor....this boat is showroom mint condition and I am extremely meticulous w/ my sh#t.....would love to post a pics on here, but still trying to figure that out .....I Love My 96er!!!!

5. Member
    I had a 2006 196 with a Yamaha that my buddy still
    Has. It was a great boat. I would miss it if I didn't have a new one. It all depends on condition and features but ballpark would be 15,000 to 19,000.

6. Member
    Thanks everyone I bought it!! Cant figure out how to post pictures it wont let me upload for some reason. And its litterly showroom condition, absolutly spotless and I dont say that lightly

One year behind you. Had a 2000 TR-17 and then got a 2005 TR-196 both boats were great like said above that boat will haul the mail when wide open but will walk but wasn't that difficult to learn how to drive it at wot. Got a Ranger now 18'8" with a 150 sure do miss the Tr-196 or for that matter the Tr-17 livewells can't beat there capacity and triple pump setup on each well.
    Last edited by bassbama; 08-31-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    I had an 04 TR196 with 3.0L efi... the boat was a rocket.
    This is what I've got now.....bought it this spring and absolutely LOVE it!!
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

9. Member
    I fished with a guy in a club with one and that thing is rocket lol and man they hook up in the corners, nice little boat.

10. Banned
    I had the same thing on My Triton (2007 18X2) w/the sensor..

11. Member
    Congrats on your purchase, sounds like you got an awesome boat!!! Hope you enjoy it like I have enjoyed mine..... Keep us posted!