Going to 36 volt------Battery Size Question

Hi guys, wanted to get some opinions on this before I jumped,

Have a 24 volt 80lb thrust trolling motor right now running two Interstate 31 AGM batteries , and do not have any issues with running out of juice

Wanting to swap to a 36 volt trolling motor with three group 24 AGM or lead acid batteries ---would this be enough ? was told the 36v draws less amps than a 24v so would three 24's have the same or more capacity as the two 31's ?
    or would I need to go to Group 27 series ?

Thanks in advance
    Bandit

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Three 24s will give you a little more capacity than the 2 31s, which will translate to a little longer run time IF you run with the same thrust. If you use the higher power of the 36V motor, you may go through the 3 24a faster than the 2 31s with the old motor.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Three 24s will give you a little more capacity than the 2 31s, which will translate to a little longer run time IF you run with the same thrust. If you use the higher power of the 36V motor, you may go through the 3 24a faster than the 2 31s with the old motor.
    Got ya,,, looks like if I go to 36v then I will go with 3ea group 27's and maybe remove the onboard charger to save so weight , thanks CatFan

4. Member
    i'm using 3 interstate 29 series flooded batteries
    cheaper than agm
    never had a problem with running out of juice
    i do find that i have more power fishing a 3 day tourney than when they sit on the charger after a couple days of inactivity

5. Banned
    I run 3 of the 27 Pro Guides, never had a problem fishing all day.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmed2 View Post
    i'm using 3 interstate 29 series flooded batteries
    cheaper than agm
    never had a problem with running out of juice
    i do find that i have more power fishing a 3 day tourney than when they sit on the charger after a couple days of inactivity
    Same here

7. Member
    I got 3 Sams Club Duracelll 31s Wet Cell (Deka) and never an issue with longevity even after running the Trolling motor on high for a good par of a tournament. At $94 each there is not much more you could want, AGMs would be much more expensive.

8. Member
    I also have 3 Duracell AGM batteries with no issues, but go to sams all the time and have never seen them for $94, I paid 169.00 or 179.00 each for mine. And like I said I have looked and looked and never seen them on sale.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    I also have 3 Duracell AGM batteries with no issues, but go to sams all the time and have never seen them for $94, I paid 169.00 or 179.00 each for mine. And like I said I have looked and looked and never seen them on sale.
    The wet cells are $94, stretch1 didn't get agms.
    2003 Skeeter ZX200