Fluid sound in Verado Steering normal?

When steering, i can hear the hyd fluid in motion. Almost sounds like there are air bubbles and that it isn't quite full. Is this normal, or do i need to bleed it? This is a new motor with 30 hours or so on it. 2017 250 vrod pro. I can't tell that it misses a beat when it is steering, just a little paranoid.

2. Member
    Same issue with mine. Something's going on with the steering systems? Spoke with my dealer yesterday and he has two other customers with same issue. Mercury is looking into issue.

Be very careful with this, I was out Sunday, testing props, was on pad in my 2018 921PHX at 70+ mph and the steering went away for a second or two, first time this has ever happened to me and with this boat. In that short period the vessel drifted off direction approximately 10', then steering came back.... It was very un-nerving to say the least.

This is just my experience.

Rob

3. Member
    It sounds like the steering system needs bled adain, gurgling might indicate air in the system?

4. Member
    My 2017 vrod 250 same issue from moment I put it in the water from the factory...trying to correct it as soon as I can get on the lake (as closed due to floods).
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.