Squam lake water temp

Anyone been on Squam Lake recently? Curious as to what the water temps are. I have been watching the weather and saw the lows have been getting into the 40s at night. I am heading up there September 9th for the week. Very excited been 5 years since I've been up there.
    2013 Ranger Z521 250E-Tech H.O.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

2. Member
    You should post this in the NH forum. Thought I had a link to a site with a webcam and water temp up there, but couldn't find it.

3. Member
    66-69 as of yesterday

How did you ever make out?

5. Member
    Still out here. Fish is alright. Catching plenty of fish from 1-2lbs. The bigger bite has been really hard to find. We have fished shallow, midrange 10-20 and we have fished deep 20+. Our better fish seem to still be deep but really hit or miss. Anyone have any suggestions?
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

Go deeper

Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Go deeper
    and look for grass or bait.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

8. Member
    Well went deeper, out to 60ft with the same result. Everything 1-2lbs and very few over 2. Fished shallow around grass with same result. Tons of fish everywhere just not the size. The few good ones we caught all week were suspended, convinced there a lot of good fish just cruising in schools.
    hawghuntersbassclub.org

9. Member
    been out there 3 times over the past 3 weeks, only 1 sm over 2.5...50 fish today though

10. Member
    I was up there yesterday, surface temp was 69-70 degrees at 7am and climbed up to 75 by 3pm. These last three hot days have not been helping the smallies much. My buddy and I caught about 40 fish yesterday (best guess, you lose count after catching a ton of 1-2 lb fish), all but one a smallie, and the majority came from 25 feet or deeper. Buddy hooked into a good one, best guess in the 3-4 lb range from the glimpse we got of him but it came unbuttoned. That was in the first 5 minutes in about 10 feet of water in some grass. Had a handful more come off some boulders in 10 feet, but all of those were less than a pound. The rest as I said were in the 1-2 lb range. We both landed a 2.5-ish lb smallie from 25 feet, and I lost something big in 35 feet of water. Felt like it was a smallie based on how it pulled but who knows, it ripped my whole leader right off. We caught every single fish on a dropshot, most were just from fan casting, but some we caught by dropping right onto them when we marked them on the graph. Definitely still in summer pattern up there though. Should be damn good in about 2 weeks...but that's what I keep saying.