Thread: Gas problems

Gas problems

My new to me Stroker is a pain in the but to put gas in it I have to unhook hose from tank and put gas nozzle in the tank to put gas in it won't take gas from gas neck on the boat is this normal or is there something I can do to fix it

2. Member
    , had the same problem, put a new hose on mine longer one , so now I just slip it off when filling up ,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    You can pull vent line from tank just remove the hose clamp and it's east to slip it on and off.

4. Member
    Removed vent hose still would not take gas

5. Iowa/Wisconsin/Hunting & Gun Lodge/Stroker Moderator Wags's Avatar
    I leveled my fill line out with a brace and pump gas with the handle upside down and fixed the problem for me.
    LeaLea

6. Member
    Make sure the fill line is straight with no sag in the middle, remove the vent line, turn the nozzle upside down, and fill at full speed.

7. Member
    I will try to straighten line out see if it helps

Removing the vent hose and keeping the fill hose as straight as possible really helped me

9. Member
    I had a problem putting gas in my Stroker, started pulling the vent line off the tank and then decided to add a tee fitting in the vent line with a ball valve and short piece of hose so I could open the vent with out pulling the hose off. I cut the vent hose, tugged and pulled on the vent and fill tube while adding the additional hardware. After it was complete I went to the gas station and added gas with out any problem and did not have to open the valve. I guess by moving the fill and vent lines it solved my problem. Left the valve in place for just in case.

10. Member
    Thanks will level fuel line and let y'all know how it works it's full of gas now Gona be raining the next few days so may not know till next weekend

11. Member
    Replace the fuel line and vent line with the proper length. Make sure it is straight with NO belly. You'll have the brace and tie it up. After I did this I can just put the nozzle in and walk away other that watching the tank to see how much fuel I need. Stock vent works fine.
    Stroker / 250xs
    Triton 180 / 175 pro xs

12. Member
    Ok thanks will try all the suggestions and let y'all know how they work

I have fixed mine all together ;) I went to the Auto Parts Store and installed a radiator flush kit...Went to Lowes and bought a hose bib and 12" of clear tube. I put that on when I am fueling and I can fill her UP FAST!!!