2001 X19 Prop Help...

In a rush to make it back to weigh in yesterday I wasn't paying attention and missed the channel by a few feet and totaled my prop on a gravel bar... Boat is a 2001 X19, and the motor is 2001 HDPI 150. I had a 23 Powertech on the boat, but I would like to get something that might be a little bit better on the top end. I was turning this prop around 5800 RPMs and running mid 50s. Any help would be awesome.

2. Member
    Mine is a 2005 x19 with a 200 hpdi. When I got it the prop was a three blade ( can't remember brand) 24 pitch. It did ok just ran higher rpm than I'd liked. Got outta hole great maybe a little too good because boat is so light I didn't need any help there but wanted more handling on top end and lower my rpm. My buddy had an x21 with a 27 four blade so I borrowed it then went and got one. I actually got a power tech brand. Needless to say my handling had much better bite to it and it lowered my rpm on top end by 5 or 6 hundred rpm. I started out at 68-70 including gear with the three blade but running 5600-5800. After prop swap at 68-70 it was at 5000-5200 and still had trim but got a little puckered if you know what I mean. In the end it rode better, got aut of the hole great, and saved on gas. Hope this helped out in some way.....it worked for me.

3. Member
    A 23 trophy was my best all around prop when I was running a 150. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Banned
    Yamaha 23m

5. Member
    Like mentioned above ...... 23" is probably going to be the pitch for that 150 ....... and then it's just a matter of if you want to try a Trophy, Tempest, TXP, or Yamaha Pro Series (the 23M mentioned above).

You'll spend a lot of time and money trying to find which prop is the absolute fastest on your hull (vs everyone else's X19) as they all behave slightly different.

For all around, mine really likes the Trophy ........ for absolute speed it seems it's a toss up between my TXP and Tempest, with my Trophy being right there with them but just a touch slower.

Good Luck.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

6. Member
    I have a 24m that I would let go reasonable. It was repaired from the previous owner [older gent that liked finding stumps] Not a great repair but runnable. Was a little to much for my carbed 150 with the load I carry in Canada. It ran 55-5600 with a heavy boat. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

7. Member
    If you happen to want to go cheap and stay with a Powertech, I just happen to have a nice new one., just let me know.. As far as the other props, I tried to find an FXP, TXP, and SHO prop in a 23 pitch and after placing an order, waiting for a month then calling Yamaha to see what was going on, they said it will likely be a long time before they make a 23 in those props, I looked elsewhere and got a Tempest Plus and so far I like it a lot. I have an X-19 with 175 SHO.