Fuel Related Issue (Tank or valve not sure)

I have a 2015 Caracal with a 225 Pro XS mounted on the back. This one is setup with the main 33 gallon tank under the seats and a spare 10 gallon in the rear corner. Yesterday, I set the rear fuel dial to "right"(this is the 10 gallon spare tank). When I did this I backed the boat into the water and it fired up, idled really rough then sputtered out within 5 seconds. It did this to me roughly 4-5 times. I pulled the boat out of the water and was squeezing the fuel pump and everytime I did so the gray valve (in thephotos) kept makingapping noise and the fuel pump would not get hard. I switched the dial to "left" fuel pump got hard when priming and boat ran great the entire day. Anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Before anyone asks, both tanks were filled up with fuel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

IF it is in the system, then odds are it is the fuel pick up tube inside the tank. Rare one on a 2015 model no doubt.

Mine did the exact same thing on my cougar. The fuel switch would turn but the ball valve inside was NOT turning. I bought a new fuel tank change valve and fixed it right up. Easy to change out.

BCB, what is the fix? This happed to me yesterday. Squeezing the fuel bulb and every time I did so the gray valve (in the photos in OP) kept making a sucking noise and the fuel bulb would not get hard. I switched the dial to "left" fuel bulb got hard when priming and boat ran great the entire day. Anyone have any idea what the issue could be? Before anyone asks, both tanks were filled up with fuel.

5. Member
    Make sure the arrow on the primer bulb is facing upward (doesnt have to be directly up but upward toward the sky) when priming. Results?
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

Quote Originally Posted by Shef View Post
    Make sure the arrow on the primer bulb is facing upward (doesnt have to be directly up but upward toward the sky) when priming. Results?
    Or............It could be something as simple as holding the primer bulb with arrow up while pumping. Thanks for all the input. Shef nailed it, Thanks Brofessor.

It looks like there is gas leaking from the gray valve. Notice how the tank is stained around it. I know my 2016 Cougar had that stain along with gas fumes and it was fixed under warranty. I could use the tank though.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s