Thread: Thin bbq sauce

Thin bbq sauce

Anyone have a thin sauce they would share. I play around a lot making bbq sauce. Kinda a hobby. Looking for a good thin sauce to pour over pulled or chopped pork or to use as a mop sauce. Thanks!!

2. Banned
    Google for a recipe. Middle Tennessee and around Jackson, Tn use such a sauce. Things get a little thicker southwest of you.

3. Member
    Real BBQ don't need no sauce.

Just kidding. I am not a big sauce guy but I like the kind of sauce that you are asking about. Thin, peppery with just enough flavor but not too much to cover up the meat. I am interested in what folks will post.

4. Member

• Copied this from the net. It works great and is quick. Not only for pulled pork, I love it on brisket sandwiches.
    • 2 cups apple cider vinegar
    • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
    • 1 tablespoon ketchup
    • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
    • 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
    • 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • INSTRUCTIONS

1. Place all ingredients in a pan.
    2. Cook on stove top at Medium heat.
    3. Bring to a boil.
    4. Whisk together until sugar and salt are completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
    5. Cool to room temperature.
    6. Pour sauce into a jar or bottle. For best results, refrigerate one day before serving.
    7. Shake well before serving.

5. Member
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/157755/...entType=recipe

I used this one to make a big batch a few weekends ago for a big smoke I did...was awesome, just gotta remember to shake it up so you get the full mix of heat and tangy.

6. Banned
    The more you shake vinegar base sauces the hotter they get.I

I like just about all sauces that don't have Liquid Smoke. It is nasty.

I also love Maurice's mustard based sauce but can no longer find it since Walmart quit carrying it because of his racist writings.

7. Member
    Thanks guys. Keep them coming. I have a recipe I will post that was my great grandads that is really good. I am not at home right now.

8. Member
    To be honest thats were my BBQ fails i just haven't came up with a great sauce that i like yet I did one sorta like above it was alright but it wasn't great and another thing i firmly believe that different cuts of meat and the way you cook them dictates what the sauce should be like. Keep them coming to give me some more ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    The more you shake vinegar base sauces the hotter they get.I

I like just about all sauces that don't have Liquid Smoke. It is nasty.

I also love Maurice's mustard based sauce but can no longer find it since Walmart quit carrying it because of his racist writings.
    You can buy it online: http://piggiepark.com/shop/

The liberal left defined his writing as racist, other saw it much differently. But, they applied enough pressure on Walmart to get them to drop the product.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Grendaddy Daves Hogwash available on line...super thin and full of vinegar...