Servicing hybrid hubs?

Concerned with several 1000 mile trips coming up in the next several weeks/months. My hybrid hubs are original on a 2013 boat manufactured in 2012, the word on the street is that these things require 0 service for 7 years? How do I service them? Would it be wise to buy 2 spares from phoenix just in case?

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    My boat is a 2009 and I just serviced them at the beginning of this year. One cap flew off while at a tournament. Replaced with a buddy bearing style until my parts came in. Think it cost me around $125 to do all 4 when I replaced them.

Yes i bought all the parts from eastern marine including the hybrid grease.

5. Member
    I have a 2012. I just serviced mine and I'm lucky I didn't have a serious problem. I had water in 2 hubs. The inner seals were apparently bad. I replaced bearings and races in two hubs and serviced them all. It was not hard to do. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on them from now on. I also keep a buddy bearing in the tool box with regular grease for a roadside fix. My trailer did have a lot of miles on it.