Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hardest Decision.....Colors!!!

Purchasing a new Eyra and I am so lost on color. Went from silver, to white, to black, to charcoal etc. Where to get gel as compared to flake, what color do i want the main cap. What did you guys choose and how did you make the choice? I dont want white on the nose cap but that was mainly it. Everyone is telling me go with black as main color since it stands out the most, anyone have a black gel or malibusilver and if so does it scratch easily? Think leaning towards some form of black and white with some vicious green added to accent.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

2. Member
    Ranger, I had a really tough time on colors. I spent weeks on it. And the build your boat feature helps a little but does not show detail well especially dark colors. In the end, I picked my own base colors and did ask for help from my dealer and factory rep on applying my colors to my boat in the right areas. It was hard for me hopefully my boat will look ok. Pick colors you like and you might as for help on applying those colors to the boat.

3. Member
    Black always looks good but it does get hot and red seems to be just as hot. Just my $.02
    Ranger 205dvs 225opti

4. Member
    Malibu silver and charcoal on my cap, console, and bolt and doesn't scratch any different that the rest as far as I can tell. Have more scratches in my white gel hull sides, but that area probably just more prone to scratching due to location.

I agonized on color for months. I knew I didn't want red of any kind. Ended with Malibu silver, charcoal, silver, and white gel with black boot. Charcoal has a bunch of colors that show in the sun. I really like how it turned out Also figure there's no color that could potentially be a deal breaker for someone when I go to sell one day. Might have to have some blue in the next one though.
    I think that "kawasaki-like green (if that's the one you mean) would look really bad@ss with my current colors, but I was afraid I would get tired of it (had a pale yellow flats boat that I later regretted). I think I saw Adrian Avena's Bass Cat in a similar color scheme on Okeechobee early this year before it was wrapped and it was cool.
    Last edited by bigkahuna71; 08-26-2017 at 08:02 PM.

5. Member
    I had Malibu Silver on most of my top cap and it did show scratches.

I have a Cougar with charcoal mist on the sides and front, Apple mist bolt, silver pins and a malibu silver top cap. I would not go black or malibu silver as a main color. It is really pretty but is dark and shows scratches. I think charcoal mist is a better main color in the darker shades and goes well with malibu silver. Any red, orange or green will really stand out as well as some other colors.

GOOD LUCK!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

7. Member
    Always keep in mind that the boat will look a certain way (The color scheme) sitting on the trailer, and different sitting in the water.
    For me, Dark colored boats look best on the trailer, and lighter colors better on the water.
    White, silver, and red will show less scratches.
    Black, charcoal, and blues will show flake and shine better. Dark colors tend to show depth.

Just some thoughts on colors.

I had a White Jag, A black Eyra, and now a white Sabre.
    The black Eyra was by far the sexiest on the trailer and looked like it was moving a 100mph while sitting still.
    Overall, I had more compliments on my 98 Jag that I updated. I have pics in my profile of both.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Banned
    delete

9. Member
    You can Google "Bass Cat Boats" and hit view all on images and have a LOT of pictures that you can probably find a color combo you like or you'll just get really overwhelmed, lol! Maybe that would help.

All the customers I have sold new boats to laugh when I tell them the 2 hardest decisions are, 1st to purchase the boat and 2nd to pick the colors. Go to your dealer and take the samples out in the sun and put the combinations you are considering together. Makes a big difference than pictures on the computer.
    Good Luck

11. Member
    I can't in good conscious tell you the colors of my Puma until you change your name to one more appropriate for an Eyra owner!

Not an Eyra, but I just got a Sabre FTD Advantage Elite and went with a Black boot (bottom), a Malibu Red Hull, Raspberry Mist Bolt, Silver mist trim stripe, Malibu Red cap inserts, Raspberry Mist Cap, and Malibu Red Consoles. Dealer said he had never seen a better looking Sabre, though he wasn't sure when I ordered it. Very clean look and not so much glitter, as the Malibu Red has sparse flake in it.

I had a PII back in the day that was Malibu Silver/Raspberry Mist/Silver Trim stripe. I personally really like the Malibu colors more subdued look.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

13. Member
    Thanks for all the input guys, think may have a good idea about how i want it, have to see how two colors look good together in the light at the dealer. If so it might be what going with!

14. Member
    I had a PII with a white hull, black bottom, black fox bolt & cap, with apple red trim stripe. Trailer color & fenders matched the black fox. ( it's really a gunmetal with more colors/sparkles ). It looked amazing !!!

I agonized over colors for my new Eyra I ordered 4 weeks ago...but I went lighter on the cap to try to lower the surface temp of the inside of the boat. Went Silver Mist on hull & cap, Midnight Mist bolt & nose cap and Apple Red trim stripe & insert 1's.

BassCat's by Serial # on facebook can show you a lot of options...but few of those are in the sunlight so the colors appear darker in the pics. BassCat owners group site on their webpage has a lot of great outdoor pics too.

Good luck with your decision !!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

15. Member
    BCB Facebook by serial numbers helps. They do change depending on light conditions.

16. Member
    Thank you that site is amazing! Really helped see how some of the combos look together

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastCat04 View Post
    I had a PII with a white hull, black bottom, black fox bolt & cap, with apple red trim stripe. Trailer color & fenders matched the black fox. ( it's really a gunmetal with more colors/sparkles ). It looked amazing !!!

I agonized over colors for my new Eyra I ordered 4 weeks ago...but I went lighter on the cap to try to lower the surface temp of the inside of the boat. Went Silver Mist on hull & cap, Midnight Mist bolt & nose cap and Apple Red trim stripe & insert 1's.

BassCat's by Serial # on facebook can show you a lot of options...but few of those are in the sunlight so the colors appear darker in the pics. BassCat owners group site on their webpage has a lot of great outdoor pics too.

Good luck with your decision !!!
    Any pics of that PII? I have a charcoal cap but almost went black fox instead. Not sure if I have actually seen one in black fox or not before that I knew for sure. Seemed a little lighter than charcoal if I recall?

18. Member
    This one is SHARP!! It's listed on here on BBC also but he gives the colors on the BCB Owners site.

http://basscatowners.yuku.com/topic/...n#.WaVsrFKWypo

19. Member
    I have had 2 bass boats with Malibu silver hauls and black boots . One of them did have green with it. Black boats are very bad ass looking when all cleaned up . It takes a little more work and care to keep them that way . They are a little hotter to fish in all day in the summer but warmer in the cooler and colder months . As far as scratches goes they all can scratch and you will be the one that notices them the most on your boat . But with a black boat a black sharpie will hide those little ones pretty good in till you have time to buff them out . when picking colors have fun with it don't sweat it . Your ordering a basscat its going to be bad ass no matter what . I always just stayed with what made me happy to be in . No more black boats for me .

20. Member
    This one's pretty sweet also.

http://www.bassboatowners.com/StevePry.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast