Thread: I gotta ask

I gotta ask

when did being stupid become so dam in the majority ? I go out this am and start fishing a shoreline.About 1/2 an hour goes by and a jon boat with 2 young folks comes down a canal and sees us so it stops about 50 yards in front of us in the direction were headed. OK, no big deal. So as not to get too close to them a little while later I fire up and go to the other end of the lake and the opposite shore. Guess who shows up about 20 minutes later ?Once again in front of us about the same distance.I avoided them as I went around them later.A little while later I make another move and guess who follows me?This time I raise my hands and said WTF ? No answer but they left.About 15 minutes go by and a boat flies between me and the shore that I'm fishing.Perhaps 35 yards between me and the shore and a couple hundred yards behind me and the far shore.This is the second time someone has done this. Is there a reason I don't know about ?I know they heard what I called them so I guess I'm lucky neither boat stopped to confront me Finally I'm heading in and there's an on coming boat in the distance.I pull as far to the right as possible without getting into the pads . Again, this idiot is coming straight at meI'm already boiling after a nice morning of relaxation on the water so I decide I'll stand my ground ( bad choice of words eh ? )and finally the other guy pulls to his right a bit and waves as he goes by.I believe most of this is just people who don't know any better but Christ !In my younger days I would have tried to educate folks very nicely but now I'm too old for a whippin You guys see much of this especially the running between you and a close by shore your fishing ?Is it worth the argument ?

2. Member
    It doesn't take much to own, buy or rent a boat; beyond that, there is no requirement to operate the boat with intelligence.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by B-47 View Post
    It doesn't take much to own, buy or rent a boat; beyond that, there is no requirement to operate the boat with intelligence.
    this for sure and it is getting worse unfortunately

4. Member
    There's two lakes in citrus county where all the morons head in droves lately. In my 35 yrs of fishing lake Henderson and Hernando I've never seen the dumb ass factor as high as it's been the last two years.
    Some are locals but most are from another planet where stupidity and rudeness must just be ok. I stay off the water during the weekend and try to fish during the week to avoid them most of the time it works.

5. Member
    That's why I try not to fish on the weekends. Works out pretty well until the weather cools up north and the invasion of the ever considerate snowbirds begins.

Did you pull out your cell phone and take pictures? I have had the same problem and the mere hint of photos scares most off.
    Patch Pirate In Training
    XPress H20B 115HP Yamaha
    Raymarine a78
    https://bigbassflies.blogspot.com

good idea with the pics.Good idea to stay off the water on weekends.Only went today because an old friend likes to go but @ 76 he went back to work FULL time and had this weekend off.

8. Banned
    Pretty common,like tailgaters on the hiway,people in bass boats even,I reckon they think it's like fishing a salmon run.

Not as simple as it seems in many cases...
    only in competition T format should it be unexpected these days...
    as a Marshall I was really surprised how close the pros fish...I mean you can easily hit others with a softball at times...

Sort of reminds me of the experiment long ago...couple of pros fished thru a few hundred yards...not much luck...
    very shortly afterward a shock boat came thru as part of the experiment...dozens of quality bass floated up...
    pros were amazed, really amazed...

Of course now we have side scan etc...

Pros have 35-50 spots per T for a reason...as many as 80% will overlap with other guys...

Just yesterday in a small T I ran to a creek...what was very near the log I got a 5.31 off earlier this month? a tin boat with a couple bream fishing...

As they say, "it is what it is"

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

Maybe--Just maybe your a Shet Magnetic---I know I am when I fish weekends!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Maybe--Just maybe your a Shet Magnetic---I know I am when I fish weekends!!!
    your the 2nd person who mentioned this to me A couple decades ago I was telling some guys in our club about some morons and they couldn't understand why I always had trouble.DRIVING home from a T my partner who could of passed for Shwarzerrnegers BIG brother was hanging out the car window screaming @ this moron Then he turns to me and says " your a magnet for a-holes. " Sad to see what the world and sport have turned into.

12. Banned
    I often see Mr. Henderson in His airboat as He blows by Me as I try and fish the pads.. The way He operates that thing He MUST own the lake...

Note* The ramp at Floral City was really crappy so take caution if'n You head that way.
    (This was before the h'cane and I'm in Scotland so can't give more up to date specifics.)

13. Banned
    Warning shot across the bow is the proper BBC response to clueless boater isn't it.