Loomis 893 Mossyback tip replacement

Tip is grooved.

1. After I remove the tip do I measure the OD at the furthest point up the rod toward the 1st guide where the tip was positioned.
    2. Please recommend a make and model of tip for replacement that would match closely.

Thank you!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbill View Post
    Tip is grooved.

1. After I remove the tip do I measure the OD at the furthest point up the rod toward the 1st guide where the tip was positioned.
    2. Please recommend a make and model of tip for replacement that would match closely.

Thank you!
    Most fishing or sporting goods stores have small tip repair kits that are not expensive, then you will have some spare tips and they come with the glue. Measure the end in 64ths if you can. Mudhole has a device to measure the tip and they have the kits or you can get one specific tip. here is a pic.

Quick View
    CRB Tip Top & Guide Sizing Gauge

$5.95

Quick View
    Spin/Cast Tip-Top Repair Kit [Black] - TTR-HLT

Contains 5 of the most popular light spin/casting rod tip-top sizes in black. Also includes tip-top ferrule cement.
    $8.74 $9.74

3. Member
    Good on those points. What tip top mfg and model do you guys recommend? Fugi?

4. Member
    Pac Bay, Fuji, Batson forecast are all good, there are probably others but those are the ones I use.

5. Member
    Fuji FAT (Alconite) if it's chrome or BFAT if it's black would be what I would use. Most likely a 6mm ring and a 3 power rod is likely a 5.5 (2.2mm) or 6 (2.4mm)tube. So you'd order a FAT 06(5.5) or FAT 06(6.0). Make sure you get some good tip adhesive too. Links below.

http://www.getbitoutdoors.com/compon.../fuji-fat.html

http://www.getbitoutdoors.com/flexcoat-t2.html

6. Member
    Thank you, guys ordered tonight w/ your help!