Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I Was told the poles are not drawing much power once in hibernation mode. Are people still putting them on a switch? Won't I have to re sync them if I cut the power entirely?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'd put them on a switch...peace of mind....no you will not have to re-sync them.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    That'll be my next project then.

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    No you don't have to re sync the poles. I have my poles on one switch and my graphs, GPS, heading indicator, and NMEA on another.
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 08-25-2017 at 11:38 PM.

5. Member
    Yes everything except my poles are wired to the main battery switch. I guess I'll put the poles on one as well. The boat was built in Florida for a buddy who use to fish the Elite series. He had this built when he retired then sold it to me with 40 hours on it. It's been built right that's for sure.

6. Member
    I know of 2 SHOs with a lithium cracking battery and no issues on either.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bennett View Post
    Lithium Pros batteries are compatible with the newer Yamaha outboards that are AGM and gel battery compatible including the SHO. The older outboards with less alternator rectification from the factory are the issue and they are an issue for ANY lithium ion battery.
    So does this mean I am outta luck? I was looking at going with Lithiums in a year or two, but now I'm not so sure.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

8. Member
    I'm kind of in the same situation. Battle Born is supposed to be coming out with a lithium, but I'd be asking the companies directly if they will be compatible with the charging systems of a OX66.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

9. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    The cranking battery M3110 is a 110 Ah battery and is fully capable of starting a SHO. If his charger is charging above 14 volts it could be that when he starts his engine and the alternator starts charging again at over 14 volts the protection is kicking in, safety check, and shutting the battery down.
    Kevin will check it out and fix the issue with the battery I'm sure.

10. Banned
    My 2006 Yamaha hpdi has had no issues with my 100ah relion

11. Member
    My 2015 Evinrude 250 G2 has no issues with 100ah relion.

12. Member
    Battery was sent back yesterday. I am confident they will take care of the issue. Other than this set back they're the best batteries I've ever used.

13. Member
    Update?????

14. Member
    Just wanted to chime in here. After reading through posts for 2 weeks I think the problem was with your motor. If your boat was a 2015 I'd guess your motor is a 2014. From what Ive read something was up with the charging system in the motors around 2014. I think they change something in 2015 so people with 2016 sho's don't seem to have the problem. Good news is I think there was a fix for it. I'd have to find the post. Something about a bad negative lead to the motor.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger185VX View Post
    I am going to replace crank with lead acid next. Just not sure if how I'm gonna charge my TM batteries once I go lead acid for cranking. Right now the TM batteries charge off the crank battery which is connected to an on board 36v charger while the crank battery is connected to a 12v portable charger
    Minn Kota charger 460 allows you to set type of battery at the individual bank level. I run three lithiums for TM and an AGM for starter. There are also fuses at the terminals of each battery. If I don't want to charge the Lithiums, I pull the fuses on the TM Batteries

16. Member
    I had the same exact Problem with my Sho motor but I’m running a 31 AGM . The motor would shut down like you pulled the kill switch at rpms over 4500 . . My mechanic figured it out with the help from Yamaha tech . It was a lose connection from the battery to the motor . Mine was at the motor . The connection was tight but NOT tight enough. It was less than a quarter turn . After tighting all four main connections I have not had a problem in two years with it . When you have a Sho motor and it is shutting down that’s the first place you need to check .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12