1988 189 Fish and Ski

Going tomorrow to try out an old Stratos fish and ski model for my Father in law. It's always been stored in a garage and out of the weather and the old man that has it is selling because of health reasons. It has a 200 XP motor and still has the oil injection hooked up. The seats and upholstery still look new and other than being dusty the finish still looks great. Just wandering if there's anything that might not be obvious that I need to look out for. Thanks for any advice.

2. Member
    Check the transom it has wood in it and the boat around the drain hole and difference places ? Also have the motor check good ....oil lines ...water pump if you get that far and things check out .

3. Member
    My father in law went ahead and got the boat. Everything looked good as far as the wood in the transom and the floor were concerned. The motor ran pretty good but I couldn't talk him into waiting having a mechanic check it out before he bough it. I believe the ride was a little rough when we got into the main channel and it was white capping a little but I'm used to my Gambler and it doesn't even compare to how it rides and handles. Thanks for the reply.

4. Member
    Thats nice . They where good boats , not for speed . Good to crusie and fish from .

5. Member
    It should work out good for him. He bough a place in Inverness Fl to stay in the winter and he wanted a boat to do a little fishing and to ride his friends around when they come to visit. There's a boat ramp about 3 miles from his trailer on a small lake and it has canals that go to 3 or 4 more lakes that all look good for fishing. Also the Harris chain is only 30 miles away.