Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Scraps
    I can also say as phoenix owner, and almost BCB owner, I am also intrigued with the Caracal. Itsa sharp lookin' machine.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

The only thing I cant get over with a cat is the small cockpit area and the big step up to the front deck. I almost got an eyra before my bird but I just couldn't get over that.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

3. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I would be leary of any dealer that would bash another brand and especially on the very subjective criteria of "dry or wet riding" boat. Mine rides drier than my Ranger, but I can't honestly say I haven't gotten wet in my Phoenix either.
    Agreed. It really turned me off. To be honest, it moved me free m 90% to about 99.9% Phoenix. I would have been more open to him talking up his product instead of talking down the competition.
    Last edited by MichPhoenix77; 08-25-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    Agreed. It really turned me off. To be honest, it moved me free m 90% to about 99.9% Phoenix. I would have been more open to him talking up his product instead of talking down the competition.
    Yeah that's kinda b.s. and not the way to try to sell a boat. Good luck with your search.

Most but not all dealers suck. The reality is, Phoenix is building a great boat and it speaks for itself. That being said, pick the boat you feel will suite you best and just get your annual service done by whoever you want. There are good dealerships out there and if you got one that's awesome!
    2017 - Phoenix 919 / 225hp Pro Xs

6. Member
    I previously owned 6 Champions before I got into my 920' the very first thing I noticed was how dry the ride was ! I have run across water that would of soaked me in a Champion ! that I was completely dry in my Phoenix ! my buddy's Cat" would have sent me to th chiropractor !...

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    I am going to get shot for this, but there is one little dryness difference between my 819 and my Triton 186. When idling around in a chop, I get a little more side spray at the console in the 819 than I did with the Triton. First time it happened, it surprised me a little. I wonder if this is real, because I tend to stay out longer as the wind gets up in the 819 because of its larger size and horsepower.
    Same here in my 721, my older skeeter got less side spray. Doused my co angler one time, instead of turning the boat to help him, I stared in amazement, and he continued to get wet.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Not sure what size boat or model your looking at in a Phoenix. But I can vouch a 921 PHX is the best "big water" boat on the market currently. It keeps you dry, but more importantly it is super soft in both a foot chop up to Great Lakes rollers.

9. Member
    ive been in a buddy's 618 and another buddies 721. I've been in nasty east in the 618 and didn't get wet at all. If salesmen spent more time talking about their product and less time downplaying their competition, they'd probably sell more boats.

Both boats will be as dry as the operator makes them. If they know how to drive the boat, it'll be a dry ride.

As a person seriously considering a 819/919 or a Caracal, the only gripe I've got about the Caracal is that the passenger console is closer to the centre of the boat than it is near the ganwale. Basscat prefers to go with function over form and that loss of symmetry is the only downside I can see on that boat. I'd take either one in a heartbeat though.

10. Falcon F185
    That dealer is absolutely full of it. My 618 is the driest riding boat I've ever been in. Sure, you'll get a little wet in big rollers, but you'll get wet in any brand in bad conditions.

Some dealers will say anything though....Back when Phoenix came out, I was considering them along with BCB and Ranger. The BCB/Ranger dealer told me that Phoenix had no warranty, and he didn't expect them to last because of that and their 'shoddy construction.' So I called Phoenix and found out otherwise, went up there for a factory tour and here we are today. Needless to say, I never went back to that dealer. I can't stand a liar.

11. Member
    The Pamlico sound can get rough, dry dry dry ride, go ride in one and drive one, then you will know for yourself, I have a 2013 921 nothing out there like it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    I am at the beginning of my research of buying a new boat. I have been 90% set on Phoenix for a while now but I am intrigued by the Bass Cat caracal. I spoke to a Bass Cat dealer today who tried to tell me that the Phoenix was a very wet ride. Do any of you experience this with your Phoenix boat? Seemed like a desperate sales pitch to me.
    That's a B.S. quote by the dealer. Both brands are dry riding. In my opinion BCB and Phoenix are the best performance bass boats on the market. You cant go wrong with either brand.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

What dealer? Camp n Cruise?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

14. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I love my cat and the company even more but in the process of ordering a 920 just cause I like the layout. Never had a problem in rough water. I will say I am nervous as hell about owing a bird strictly cause my buddy’s 720 loads on the trailer extremely poorly and I seen a few threads here on others having problems. Hopefully that has been resolved

15. Member
    Had my 921 out in some rougher stuff yesterday. It wasnt windy, but it was the last 80 degree day of the year and apparently all the wake makers decided to congregate in one stretch of the lake. I hit waves from every direction and a few big rollers snuck up on me. Granted i dont have "trim down and take it easy" in my dna, we never got a drop of water in the boat. My back is paying for it today as there was no way to land "soft" off a few of them. The big boat handled it well and not one time did i get a little nervous or feel the least bit out of control. I did get passed by a 920 and a triton at takeoff but went by a bullet, a ranger and a triton on the way in
    They aint got hands, set the hook

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    but went by a bullet, a ranger and a triton on the way in
    That's not right. Everyone knows Rangers are smooth as butter and bullets run 80 across 4 footers

17. Member
    cat is a fine boat. No reason a dealer has to talk about the competition to sell one. My little 618 will take some spray if I'm in waves so big I just have to drive 10mph to get over them but in normal water totally dry
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

18. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    What dealer? Camp n Cruise?
    No it was a Marina in Kentucky. I don't really want to say specifically who it is but I just found it hard to believe when he said it. I have never heard anything bad about phoenix when it comes to having a dry ride.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12