Fall River Derby-10/14-Spread the word

The Fall Derby will be on the Mississippi River on October 14th, out of Ike's Park in Wabasha. Please read all rules below. My contact info is listed below as well.

Wabasha (Ike's Park Boat Ramp).
    Please show up early to pay and get take off number.
    Tourney time will be 7:30am til 3:30pm. Assuming not fog or light delays. We will have an 8 hour event.
    Take off number will be given at check in. It is the duty of the last boat in the draw to call numbers and send boats off. Please allow boats in front of you to get on plane.
    Check in will be morning of event, and you need to check in with me and pay.
    Waters for event will be Pools 4 & 5 (No trailering and navigating to other pools must be done by boat through the locks)
    Cost is $50 per boat
    Two people per team/boat maximum.
    Payout is 60% to 1st place, 20% 2nd place and 20% to big bass.

1. 5 Fish Limit(Largemouth and Smallmouth) - 14" minimum length
    2. Under the age of 18 years you must fish with a parent or guardian
    3. All anglers will wear approved flotation vest or jacket when the combustion engine is running and tethered to the kill switch
    4. All Minnesota boating and fishing regulations apply
    5. Must have valid fishing license
    6. Absolutely NO LIVE BAIT. Violating will result in disqualification (Pork Trailer is not live bait)
    7. Participants are allowed to leave the boat for emergencies or to use the restroom only. Leaving the boat for any other reason will result in disqualification
    8. Winners will be determined by total weight of 5 fish limit of Large & Smallmouth Bass by pounds. (Ex. 13.94lb bag). 14" minimum
    9. Weighing a short fish will result in a one pound penalty per fish plus no weight for the short bass. 14”minimum
    10. Dead fish will receive one pound penalty per dead fish
    11. Ties will be broken by: Number of bass, then Biggest Bass if still tied the prize money will be split
    12. All bass will be released after the weigh-in absolutely no exception. Please release from the END OF THE DOCK and not from the shore
    13. Late penalty Take-off: Every Team must check in with tournament officials (Wyatt Hayes or Josh Shackleford) and have live wells checked at least 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO START TIME
    If you miss the check-in time you forfeit your tournament slot and will NOT be refunded. Teams will check in as they launch their boat.
    14. Late penalty Weigh-ins: Any team late for weigh-in will be disqualified. Weigh-ins will start at posted times, if you bag your fish you won’t be able to weigh in til the posted time. Please do not bag your fish early until the weigh-in station is setup and ready
    15. Please just be early we don’t want to penalize anyone, and it’s not fair to us or other anglers
    16. Breaking of fishing, boating or tournament rules are grounds for disqualification
    17. Tournament official’s decisions are final
    18. By paying the entry fee, you agree to the rules and agree that all liabilities of tournament staff are waived with no exceptions
    19. Everyone must have current liability insurance for themselves - the tournament is not liable for any incidents
    20. There is an OFF LIMITS of fishing inside the park. The off limits starts from the sign at the entry of the park all the way throughout. You can fish the main channel outside the park.

All rules apply to tournament day only. PM or email me with any questions. jshackelford@k2capitalgroup.com cell is 952-201-5276.

If someone wants to bring a grill and donate some dogs, burgers or brats, tasty refreshments that would be great. Hanging around after is highly encouraged. Would like to meet other BBC'ers and know what your screen name is.

2. Member
    Last fall was a great time. Thanks for doing it again this year Shack!

I think I should be in for this one. Just have to round up a partner. To everyone else fishing it I'll just say: you're welcome in advance. Someone's got to donate!

Thanks for organizing again!

$50 total or $50 + big bass? Assuming total due to the payout structure.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

$50 per boat.

The payouts will be based on total amount collected.

5. Member
    Will be fun! Hopefully we get some awesome weather again like last year!

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

6. Member
    DrewFlu, pm incoming on the partner thing.

Just a reminder. I don't have an exact count, but thinking I have gotten 15-17 boats who said they were coming.

Should be a good turnout.

I'm in for sure Shack. Greg and I will be there. Thanks for organizing this.
    Josh Nelson
    St. Bonifacius, MN

Derby is on for this Saturday. See you at the ramp.

-Shack

So, I'm across the state from the river, it's a border Reg that alows you to have smallies? Correct?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

11. Member
    Border waters allow you to fish year-round for bass. So yes, the state reg allows us to fish the MS River for bass without any issues. Same reason why we get to do the Spring Fling before the season is open.

12. Member

thanks, looks like im muskie fishing with dad, hope the weather holds out for you as it looks like im getting rained on, have fun
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Thanks to everyone that came out. If the water wouldn't have been so high and weather would have been better I think we would have had closer to 20 boats, but 14 boats with all things considered is a great showing.

Some guys really smashed em.

Congrats to Stears and Johnson for winning with 20-02.
    Second place went to Hoeft and Cloutier with 18-03.
    Big Bass was brought in by team Billings and Billings with a 6-00 largemouth.

Thanks to all who came out. We will continue to do this fall event so keep your eyes open for it next year. Have a great rest of the fall fishing and hopefully a short hard water season.

-Shack

Hey shack,

Thanks for organizing it was fun. Good times were had even though we didn't have the best weather.
    Josh Nelson
    St. Bonifacius, MN