Half Fast

150 4 Stroke Lift Ring ...

So I've seen several posts about home made lift rings for Verados and the smaller 4 strokes but none for the 150 3.0 liter. On another forum I saw a neat idea using a car engine lift plate. It says to use 10 mm x 1.5 thread on the flywheel. Either I have the wrong size bolts or they are smaller than that ... Am I wrong ??? I'm wanting to install my jack plate but don't want to fork out a gajillion dollars for a tool I'll use occasionally. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Fishing, A passion my wife allows me to pursue !!!

2. Member
    I found this, worked great for my 75 4s

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-...ing-plate.html

3. Half Fast
    That's the same one I looked at and am planning on doing the same thing. However, my bolts don't seem to go in the hole. It might be because of the threads but mine are 10 X 1.5 which is supposedly coarse. I'm going to check them again when I get home from work this morning. Thanks for the input. Mike

4. Member
    I just went a head and bought the correct lifting ring off Ebay new and under $200. Figured I could sell it for nearly what I paid for it should that day come.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

5. Half Fast
    I had pondered that but after seeing the one that was shown on the link above ... it really will be a cheaper way to go about it .... I just have to drill three holes in the plate. I'll be approximately $15.00 into a lifting plate. I thought the bolt size was wrong but come to find out where I picked up my bolts, they were S.A.E. and not metric. Someone had put them in the wrong place.

6. Member
    The only change I made, was the 1/2" spacers. I removed the rubber crank cover. The lifting plate and the 1/2" spacers all touch. First time I put my jack plate on I used the proper lifting plate. It made contact with all three placed. I tried to do the same thing with the lifting plate.