93 sv software update

I have a 93sv I was wanting to do a software update on, it has been freezing up, going really dark automatically, and shutting off on its own. Wanting to see if a update will help. I have no idea how to go about doing an update, I have a MacBook Pro laptop, can I use this to do the download? Where can I get instruction on how to do this?

2. Member
    To start, you need to download the file from Garmins website.

Start here:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=4749

You will need to agree to all the usual stuff.

After the file is downloaded, you need to "run" the file. When it runs, it will un-compres the undate files and copy them to an SD card. You will then insert that SD card into your MFD and it will do the rest.

Unfortunatly, Garmin only supports Windows for up-dates. You will need to find a mac program to "run" the file you downloaded. You will need to find a way to "run" the file in a windows shell or find a similar file to un-compress it. Im a windows guy and cant help there.

Hopefully, someone will jump in with those details.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Here are the official instructions

Installation Instructions

A maximum size 32GB SD card, formatted to FAT32, with 1GB of free space is needed for this update.
    Please back up your user data before applying the update.
    Click on 'Download' and choose to save the file to your computer.
    Choose a location where you can easily find the file, such as the 'My Documents' folder or 'C:\'.
    Once the download is complete, go to the location where you saved the file.
    Double-click on the downloaded file. This will automatically extract the files to C:\Garmin and run a program to transfer the software update to an SD card.
    Power on the device and make sure all attached network devices are powered on as well.
    Insert the card into the card slot of your primary device. Select 'Update Software' in the window that automatically displays. If you do not have a primary device with a card slot, please see your dealer.
    After the update completes, the chartplotter and NMEA 2000 sensors will have the latest software. This ensures all of the devices will be able to communicate with each other.

Note: If you have additional chartplotters, you will have to independently update each chartplotter. After the update of the completes, repeat steps 7 and 8 for each additional chartplotter.

System requirements

IBM-compatible PC running Windows 2000 or later operating system and an available SD card reader.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

4. Member
    Just an FYI I had a 93sv last year that would randomly shut off on its own while fishing. I had to end up sending it back and getting a new unit. Never had a problem since.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horton View Post
    Just an FYI I had a 93sv last year that would randomly shut off on its own while fishing. I had to end up sending it back and getting a new unit. Never had a problem since.
    Same problem, sent it back and they sent a new one...

I have yet to do the latest update, too many issues listed on here...and I have three Echo units