Victory for the sportsmen and women of Wisconsin

the township had a piece of property that they have owned since 1926, they decided to improve it for public assess to one of the local lakes, the lake association apposed it, we went to court today for the public hearing, despite being out numbered 2-1, we made enough valid points as to why it should be developed, the board of review unanimously vote in our favor to go ahead with the delopment of the landing.

2. Member

Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

4. Member
    I always thought that the more undeveloped land there was the better it was for sportsmen.

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Time to celebrate with beer and brats.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I always thought that the more undeveloped land there was the better it was for sportsmen.
    Well....not if you can't access it.

7. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    The land in it's present state was unusable even as a walk assess, the lake association wanted it to stay that way, the lake owners on both sides of this property have been using it as a dumpsite for lawn and other yard waste., filling in a low spot on this property and calling it a wet land at the hearing. every driveway along this area is sloped toward the lake, yet they cited this would cause runoff toward the lake, to me they are a bunch of self centered selfish people that don't want anyone else to have assess to "they're lake"

9. Member
    Now it's up to sportsmen and women to clean this area after other unscrupulous fishermen trash it. It will happen, and the lake Association will want to say "I told you so".

I see both sides. I have access to a town owned lake that very few people do. Seeing 3 boats on a Saturday is considered crowded. Easy to catch 20 bass on most days with 8-10 pounders not so uncommon. If the town opened it up to the public it wouldn't be so nice, but if I was on the other side I'd be pushing for it. I'm sorry I'm selfish about it lol.

11. Member
    Good for you!!! Now it's up to you "and all your fellow fisherman and conservationists " to maintain and keep it running smoothly. ..congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    I see both sides. I have access to a town owned lake that very few people do. Seeing 3 boats on a Saturd,ay is considered crowded. Easy to catch 20 bass on most days with 8-10 pounders not so uncommon. If the town opened it up to the public it wouldn't be so nice, but if I was on the other side I'd be pushing for it. I'm sorry I'm selfish about it lol.
    should of explained, this lake is 7 miles long with 2 public and 2 private landings, this wouldn't be a boat landing, it's not really feasible in the allotted use-able land, this would be a assess for canoe and kayaks. also assess atv, snowmobile and ice fishermen in winter and anyone who wants to wad or shore fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    should of explained, this lake is 7 miles long with 2 public and 2 private landings, this wouldn't be a boat landing, it's not really feasible in the allotted use-able land, this would be a assess for canoe and kayaks. also assess atv, snowmobile and ice fishermen in winter and anyone who wants to wad or shore fish.
    Now it really sounds like a great triumph over selfish landowners. Shall we plan a parade to celebrate?

Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Now it really sounds like a great triumph over selfish landowners. Shall we plan a parade to celebrate?
    I think it would turn into a riot in this day and age.