mikesxpress

Eclipse Rock fish

A few more boats out than normal weekday traffic yesterday including more river lice (jet skis). We were hoping that the celestial events of the new moon/eclipse on the same day in addition to a tidal shift finishing up at the end of the eclipse would enhance the fishing just prior to the event. Exact opposite occurred for us. Extra low tide at 0830 had the normal feedbag on and the bite was very good until the lazy incoming tide got to about 1000, picked up speed, and then everything shutoff. Could not get bit on topwater or subsurface baits/plastics for the next hour. We packed it up and watched the eclipse at the house after we cleaned fish.....

2. Member
    does someone really short take all of your pictures?

3. mikesxpress
    Reverse phone cam. Set timer for 5 seconds. Always take lots of pictures guys. I didn't do that back in the 80's-90's and regret it now.

4. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    And here I thought you took Gunny along as a photographer.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
    And here I thought you took Gunny along as a photographer.
    Those shots taken from down low have a tendency to make the subject (the fish) look bigger than they actually may be.
    I like the straight on photo, letting fish being the main attraction. Not easy holding an Iphone in one hand and the
    fish in the other. But it works, nice to have auto pilot (always catch and release)...

Here's one, same Potomac mikesexpress fishes.

6. mikesxpress
    I disagree. The fisherman and the fish need to be in the picture as it's about capturing the event not just a fish. This is done with nothing else in the background except sky and subject matter. Same as if you were in a professional photo studio. As the fish are held near the body, and not an extended arm, it's an actual representation of the fish size with little distortion. After taking hundreds of fresh/saltwater photos this works best for me and most other folks like them.