Thread: NFL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Dogfish_Jones
    The problem now with the NFL, is every other play is a penalty. Then if you even think of touching the QB it’s roughing the passer. You cannot touch a wide receiver anymore. I think it has come down to being called flag football because most plays have a flag thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    The problem now with the NFL, is every other play is a penalty. Then if you even think of touching the QB it’s roughing the passer. You cannot touch a wide receiver anymore. I think it has come down to being called flag football because most plays have a flag thrown.
    Brady rule......

3. Member
    I have played and watched football most of my life. We go to local high school football games and also UGA games as much as we can. I have never been a big fan of NFL . I will watch if I don't have anything to do. Which is not very often. Currently I see no reason to make any effort to go to or watch NFL. I don't care if they go under or thrive.
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I don't much care for NFL football. I will watch a few Colts games until they lose the first 3 or 4. Most of us here on the BBC don't actually go to the NFL games but watch on TV. I really don't think there will be any impact on the league if we don't watch the games.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    No more wake boats or jet ski traffic on Sunday. We get the lake back boys fish past 1PM without panic attacks.
    Unless I am in a tournament I skip the weekends normally.

As for the NFL I may not share the same views as some of the players but I do respect their right to protest etc.

Free speech is free speech. Just cause I don't agree with them does not mean I want them silenced.

I will still watch cause to me it's just a means of entertainment a b d I enjoy football more than any other sport.

I don't know that it is "free speech", they are in uniform and getting paid. Goodell could issue an edict and suspend anyone that doesn't stand for the anthem. NFLPA might push back, but it would be interesting to see what would happen in that case.

It's their choice to disrespect the country I served for 22.6 years. It's my choice not to watch them do it (and I won't).

Here's an interpretation of free speech as it applies to the NFL.

"The NFL does not have to adhere to the strictures of the First Amendment -- the First Amendment only prevents a state actor from restricting speech, it has no application to the private employer-employee relationship between the NFL and its athletes. And the league has routinely exercised its own freedom to not extend those freedoms to its players."

9. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    I'm not even sure what they're protesting...

Besides, Sunday afternoons are for fishing.
    Who controls John Gill?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Friscotxman View Post
    I served so all may protest peacefully without redress from their government...
    How about complaining about the disrespect shown for the entire country and Flag when Mofo's proudly walk around waving Confederate and Nazi Flags, whom BOTH were ENEMIES of the US FLAG......
    Makes too much sense. DUDE YOU NAILED IT.

Nick N
    Catch 5, Keep'em alive!

11. Member
    I was raised in the 60's by the Greatest Generation. I was taught by my father and the other men around us that the flag was something to be honored because of what it represented in terms of sacrifice by those who came before us. Yes, we have a right to protest, but that right was won and earned through the efforts of those who came before us and I choose to honor them by honoring our flag.
    I would be VERY interested to hear the athletes who choose to take a knee during the anthem explain WHY they are protesting. I mean really explain. Not sure they could present a very convincing argument. If they want to make a difference, I would encourage them to get off their asses and get into the communities and start speaking out about kids who grow up without fathers. Start making an effort to rebuild the family as a functioning unit in our society. THAT is our greatest crisis and the one that threatens us the most.

12. Member
    I would just like to see those that attend the games at least boo this behavior

13. Member
    The Browns have had a fox in the hen house for a while now. He is the guy sitting besides Haslem at the games. Probably one of the biggest racist in the game. It's sad his views have had made more impact on the team, then the great physical abilities he had as a football player.
    Last edited by Tohio; 08-22-2017 at 10:49 AM.

14. Member
    How about complaining about the disrespect shown for the entire country and Flag when Mofo's proudly walk around waving Confederate and Nazi Flags, whom BOTH were ENEMIES of the US FLAG......
    Thank you.

To protest what the Browns have done, I hereby pledge to boycott all their games this year! d

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    To protest what the Browns have done, I hereby pledge to boycott all their games this year! d
    You won't miss much.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

[QUOTE=Friscotxman;8667864]I served so all may protest peacefully without redress from their government...
    How about complaining about the disrespect shown for the entire country and Flag when Mofo's proudly walk around waving Confederate and Nazi Flags, whom BOTH were ENEMIES of the US FLAG......[/QUOTE

Well Said
    2021 Nitro Z21/300 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Tohio View Post
    The Browns have had a fox in the hen house for a while now. He is the guy sitting besides Haslem at the games. Probably one of the biggest racist in the game. It's sad his views have had made more impact on the team, then the great physical abilities he had as a football player.
    They have had players of all races flame out. How exactly has Jim Brown affected the quality of play on the field?

You are correct sir.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    I'm not even sure what they're protesting...

Besides, Sunday afternoons are for fishing.
    +1
    Hi Mike.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast