2. Member
    What a Beast...

3. Member
    Why would anyone but a dealer be selling one of these?!?

4. Member
    Looks naked without a pair of poles on it.

It's Gwinn Boats in Mt Ida, they're a BassCat dealer

6. Member
    Damn 80k when you add tax

7. Member
    I saw this yesterday. Nice looking ride

8. Member
    I just deooled on my keyboard.

9. Member
    I bet Danny won't have any problem moving it.

10. Member
    I had the pleasure of seeing this rig in person. Unreal. One hell of a boat. He tried to get me to buy it. It's big enough to sleep in. That's where my wife would've put me. Must see it in person!
    On the other hand Danny is a outstanding person. He is how boat dealers used to be. He goes out of his way to take care of his customers. If you want a top notch dealer he is your guy.

11. Member
    I knew Danny in the early 90's when he first started his business there . I owned the marina there at Denby point back then. Glad to see he is doing well after all these years.

12. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I spoke to a guy at Sherm's The other day about the Lynx they have there. I asked him what it would go for fully rigged out and he told me between $85,000 and $90,000. Maybe more. I nearly threw up. That priced me right out of it.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

The engine, equipment, trolling motor, hydraulic plate, hot foot, trim stalks, graphs, wheels, batteries and poles will run it out of sight. You have watch your equipment and figure how to manage needs vs. wants.

14. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSkeeter77 View Post
    I spoke to a guy at Sherm's The other day about the Lynx they have there. I asked him what it would go for fully rigged out and he told me between $85,000 and $90,000. Maybe more. I nearly threw up. That priced me right out of it.
    Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, but other than power poles, the Lynx Sherm has is really loaded. Sherm told me $80k, as it sits. Keep in mind it has a Verado 250 on it. If you went with a ProXs on a Lynx, it probably would drop the cost by $4000.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Yes, there is a definite cost difference and the Verado is about user experience. If your a tournament throttle junkie, then a Pro XS is a good efficient engine with performance characteristics well acknowledged by all. If your about the overall user experience and the Verado definitely improves that for those looking for comfort, especially if their spouse goes along and even more so if they drive.

There are two Bass Cat hulls that have been tuned up to run well with Verado. The hulls always ran well with Verado which is why a Bass Cat Cougar FTD was chosen by Mercury to be used on the entire Verado debut road trip at multiple venues. After that the wider bottom Euro Style hull in the 2007 model year was built specifically for Verado. From the way that hull performed they have worked to improve those characteristics in the Lynx and Jaguar hulls.

As much as my first house in 1995. and I sold that house in 2006 for 250K. To bad boats don't do the same thing.