Thread: ABA Colorado

USA ABA Colorado

Hello everyone just wanted to let you all know that i am taking over the Colorado ABA trail. looking forward to growing it and making it bigger, if you have any ideas please let me know as im trying to get this thing going. Thanks so much
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

2. Member
    Go back to Norton Swanson Lake Mac like the old days. I only went to one ABA up here and wasn't a huge fan. If yo want ABA to grow only having them at Pueblo won't do it. Us guys up north won't travel thru Denver
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Here is the problem i see with a 1 day tournament, Bill had a few at horse tooth and Boyd and nobody showed up. Bill also did one for mac in Neb and no one showed up, so I think for the time being were goin to have them closer to were more people can and will attend them. Having them out of state doesn't make any sense. ABA has the greatest amount of interest at pueblo with a 12 boat average. Im good with trying to do a few at Boyd or horse tooth, but again if nobody shows up then I may not do those lakes in the future. I am also thinking of Trinidad and possibly john martin as well for next year but again will see how the turn out is. im seeing a lot of interest from our youth anglers and they are wanting more closer to home so they can afford to fish. So for the next 3 tournaments , im going to have those at Pueblo, then I will rework a schedule that will hopefully draw a good interest to everyone.
    2012 RANGER Z521 EVINRUDE 250 HO

4. Member
    The biggest problem was the only way he ever "advertised" them was on Facebook. If he had one at Mac I never heard about it. The one I fished at Boyd there was 4 boats. You will likely not get the nod from Larimer County at Horsetooth without a million hoops to jump thru. I'd love to come fish the Plo ones more often but I refuse to fight my way thru Denver and CS on a Friday night. Call Don Vaughn he used to do the ABAs when they were popular. If you want his number I got it he'd be a good resource to pick his brain
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"