2017 V20 Fuel Tank question

Sorry, I know this has been discussed before. My 2017 has Smart Craft version 8.0. I realize that the calibration method where you start at empty and then add 25%, 50%, 75% and 100% furl is the most accurate. However, the tank had some unknown amount of fuel put in by the dealer. Now the low furl alert triggers and it says 0% fuel when I think it should be about 20 gallons. The calibration does no have a tank size entered. It is set at 0.

Currently, the % of fuel goes to 0 and the low fuel warning alert flashes when I think there is about 20 gallons left.

Seems like the only option is to fill the tank and then go strictly off of amt of fuel/gallons used. First, have you all found this to be pretty accurate?

Second, anyone have another idea short of draining the tank or running it dry to calibrate?

I saw a post where someone suggested setting the tank size at 50. Seems like this should only be set in certain situations per manual.

I do not care about the accuracy of range screen. Just % of fuel and figuring how to run fuel down as low as possible for storage or faith in amt of fuel so as not to run out.

Thanks for any help.

2. Member
    Think I will carry a 3 gal extra tank and run big tank dry. Use extra tank to add fuel to get to dock and then calibrate at station by filling up and calibrating per manual. Any one actually use the calibration process suggested in the manual os starting at o and adding25% the 50% then 5 and ginally full.

3. Member
    Make it easy on yourself. Siphon all the fuel out of the boat instead of running the engine dry. You can buy a hand crank or electric siphon at your local auto parts store. It won't be a waste of money, it's a good item to keep on the boat for emergency's.