tilt/trim question

I've got a 2003 evinrude 200hp ficht and I've been having problems with my motor slow dropping after I raise it up and let it sit. It did this when I first bought the boat but hardly noticable (maybe dropped an inch over night), but now if I raise it all the way up, and fish for an hour, the motor will have dropped almost all the way down so I have to keep raising up the motor throughout the day. What could this be? Simple fix or is it likely going to need a whole new tilt/trim pump? Thanks.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    No, trim the motor up and deploy the trailer bracket. Open the cover for the fluid reservoir and see if fluid comes out. If it does your level is OK if not add BRP trim fluid to the reservoir. When you have the cap off make sure the O ring inside the cap is still intact. If so replace the cap and trim the motor back up and stow the bracket. Trim motor down onto a block of wood and loosen the manual release screw. trim the motor up it should not rise, if it does give the screw another turn. Run the trim up for a count of 5 wait a second and trim down for a 5 count. Cycle it 5 times, then tighten up the manual release screw. Trim motor back up and engage the bracket. Check fluid level add if needed and repeat if needed.