Ranger Z519 and Fury 4; Is there any more to get out of it?

2016 Ranger Z519
    2016 Mercury225 Pro SX
    10 Inch Slidemaster Manual Jackplate
    24 Pitch Fury-4
    2 inch Prop to Pad
    Max 70.5 MPH AT 5840 rpm

Boat was originally set up at 2 ½ inches prop to pad. Was running the same speed and RPM. But it chined pretty badly above 55 MPH. I raised the motor ½ inch this weekend. Chine just about disappeared. Water pressure still good but didn’t really gain any RPM or speed.

Weight included me, full live wells and a half tank of gas. Air temp was close to 90 degrees and water temp at 80. From what I could see, roster tail is about even with the top of the cowling.
    When I run the numbers through the Merc calculator, it come out to about 9% slip. So the question is, is it even worth messing with? Is there anything more I can do? Will having the prop worked gain me any mph? Is it worth raising the motor any more? Still plenty of water pressure left.
    I spend most of my time running between 45 and 50. Just like to put the hammer down once in a while.

2. Member
    No speed left with that prop.

3. Member
    In my ignorant opinion
    i think that is awesome!

i have 99 519 and am messing with props to get it up to high to mid 60's with
    a tournament load

4. Member
    Then I guess I'll be happy with it and quit screwing around. For a while. Thanks for the feedback.